Custom B-Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom B-Pipe

Just thinking whether it is worthwhile to get a custom b-pipe made up by exhaust shop (awesome quality welds). Or to go name brand like buddyclub, spoon etc.

My biggest concern is what specs to get a Custom b-pipe made up to. I understand alot of the Jap stuff is smaller than 2.5inch and is more like 2.38inch. What exactly is the difference.

Also i want a real race car sound (maybe similar to the buddyclub spec II but not as loud cause i heard its so loud it blows heads off lol.)

Any constructive input is appreciated.

go to Hakken in Northmead talk to him and hand over your cash. He does awesome work and I think everyone on this board that has dealt with him will refer him.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Too bad im not in NSW. But its ok i have a guy that does awesome work here in Brisbane.

Just trying to figure out what the main differences are gonna be from what ive described before.

Comment

id imagine very little if you go to a quality place.. its just a b-pipe :S

Comment

i found 2.38in Skunk2 is fine for 120ish kW at the wheels...

but it only cost me $600 so i was fairly happy...

sound relates more to the level of dampening (eg mufflers) that you use...
          ... retired/

Comment

But what are the benefits or disadvantage of going 2.5 over 2.38 or vice versa.

Ill explain my setup in a little more detail so i can get a more detailed answer.

Intake - Injen CAI
            Headers - Maximworks 4-2-1
            Exhaust - To be decided....

Gonna get Hondata
            Maybe some mild internal work like higer compression JE pistons and cams later down the track.

Is 2.38 more responsive or does it pick up more in the rev range. is 2.5 better for higher end......Im just trying to cover all the bases so i can make the right decision.

Comment

I swapped from a 2.25" B pipe to a 2.5" B pipe and noticed a big difference on the but dyno, if your going to get the b pipe done. go with a 2.5".
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

hey dan...

if u wana build a car with top-end power, 2.5" is the way to go.... if u want response, then the smaller size is probably more beneficial BUT, since ur planning to get a hondata lata on down the track, you might as well get the 2.5" as it can be tuned to compensate for the loss of low-end power/response
                Last edited by CK1; 17-12-07, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah sounds about right.....but then i see jap race cars that use the 2.38 and they rip it up. Damn it....its an easy decision but a hard one. LOL.

I guess its all Velocity VS Flow just have to find which is better.

But am i right in saying that if you have enough velocity it will flow quickly?? (Does that make sense)

Comment

Found this awesome article on velocity, flow, etc.
                    http://www.team-integra.net/sections...sp?ArticleID=4

Actually explains it quite well but does not make my decision any easier. lol.

Who thought exhausts could be so complicated yet so simple.

Comment

2.5inch all the way for dc2r

Comment

u know i remember many years ago i went to see Jim at Croydon, and he told me one of thee things that helped gain power on these cars was just replacing the B pipe

Comment

Working...
                        X