Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attn: black DC5R owners!!! SYDNEY

on hehalf of a friend.....

Hey guys, on the M4 this morning (Friday 30th Nov) a guy in a 4wd didnt let me in while i was merging, and as a result hit the side of my car (white MR2 - SW20). Behind me was a pretty slick looking DC5R, it was black, forgot his plates, but im hoping you maybe on here, as you would have seen it....

So, anyone??

just need to know if you are on here and saw the incident and may need you as a reference/witness

thanks guys
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

oh man.. i hope he's alright.. he must be pissed..

DC5R have black wheels? lowered?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

hey Mr Lim...

yes the dc5r had black rims and black number plates with gold writing

Comment

Dam thats unlucky Paul.. Hope you catch the hit and run $%^&ER..

Comment

it wasnt a hit and run. my mate got his details but just need a witness just in case the other guy does not own up that its his fault.

trying to cover all bases thats all

Comment

gd luck ~~

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
              on hehalf of a friend.....

Hey guys, on the M4 this morning (Friday 30th Nov) a guy in a 4wd didnt let me in while i was merging, and as a result hit the side of my car (white MR2 - SW20). Behind me was a pretty slick looking DC5R, it was black, forgot his plates, but im hoping you maybe on here, as you would have seen it....

So, anyone??

just need to know if you are on here and saw the incident and may need you as a reference/witness

thanks guys
              err from your description.. are you sure is his fault?? wasnt your mate the one merging not him..
              Team AMS

Comment

it wont be his mate's fault unless he hit the car infront of him...

im assuming his mates car was infront and the guy behind wouldnt let him cut in ahead forcing his way in and crash
                http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

correct me if im wrong but drivers have to give way to merging traffic. if car is ahead and has to merge the car behind must give way.

Comment

Originally posted by supersteve View Post
                    correct me if im wrong but drivers have to give way to merging traffic. if car is ahead and has to merge the car behind must give way.
                    technically no. there are 2 possible scenarios.
                    if there are no lane marking in the merging area, the car in front has right of way.
                    however, if there is markings, like at most motorway on-ramps, the cars already in the motorway have right of way, regardless of position.
                    that is what it says in the learner handbook.

it only seems like people give way to merging traffic in order to keep traffic flow moving. imagine every tom dick and harry having right of way onto the motorway, it wouldnt be called a freeway anymore
                    "Success is 99% Failure"
                    Soichiro Honda.
                    sigpic

Comment

At the end of the day, both parties must do everything they can to avoid the accident. If the merging car was running out of road the ownice is on the car already in that lane (and behind) to let them in.

Comment

Originally posted by supersteve View Post
                        u right mate!!!

Comment

I don't know what the exact situation was, Good luck to finding your witness.
                          But I do get annoyed at ppl who wait til the last moment to merge into the lane, eventhough they had an opportunity to do it early.
                          Last edited by neostars; 13-12-07, 09:43 AM.

Comment

DUDE.. You are after me

I saw the whole thing ;D

And a Motor Bike also hit you right?

it was on the M4 bridge right? just after the exit for james ruse.. Or was it Before Concord Exit ;S

But yes your after me

EDIT : Looked like ur mate was gna smack that guy when he got out of the car! LOL
                            Last edited by XP02ED; 13-12-07, 12:37 PM.
                            GruppeM Australian Distributor
                            w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

yay we have the witness!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X