Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

damn inconsiderate people at shopping centre carparks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the same feeling....especially carparks where they painted the designated spaces too narrow...i parked at Officeworks and had a feeling some idiot might squeeze into the spot next to me... When i got back, there was an old falcon next to me and a dent on my door....ARGHHHH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
      OMG im so going to be paranoid now im always got my car there....
      2nd that!
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i really hope this doesnt cost too much to fix

not the best time to spend money on my car when i'm trying to save up
        2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

bad luck dude! had a shopping trolley bumped and scraped the rear bumper causing horizontal lines of dents and scratches! not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            wow man i feel for u. what cunts!
            from what i can see it should either
            A: be reletively cheap to fix (under 1k)
            B: need to replace the boot

I am no expert though...
            bad luck bro
            took it to my local panel beater...approximately $900ish

repaint, new badges fitting etcetc

like you said might be cheaper to get a new bootlid - where to get though.....

claiming through insurance i lose a rating and itll be about the same price, i think my excess is about 900
            Last edited by m0nk3y; 08-12-07, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I can attest to your experience. I had a similar encounter with what in all probability would have been a retard. Was having coffee over at a Dome outlet. Because it's directly facing the road and all the parking slots up front were already occupied, I decided to take the long scenic detour to the back of the establishment where to my delight was an allocated carlot with at least 20 bays and to top it off, they were all empty. After a macchiato, came out and lo and behold, rear bumper of my EK1 dangling off a broken clip on the rhs, rear rhs fender area just above the wheel well had a cluster of dents in it with streaks of black vinyl where CW paint was supposed to be and rear rhs BC P1-Racing SF wheel had similiar abuse. It looked like the retard parked to my right, misjudged his/her angle of clearance when he/she reversed, renovated my vehicle and promptly gtfo. All this in a wide vicinity where he/she could have parked anywhere but no, it had to be that lot, next to me.
              Last edited by Waif; 24-12-07, 07:36 AM.

Comment

i've decide to probably leave this until my insurance excess drops to $500 when i turn 25. panel beaters have quoted me about $800-900. plus i got offered another typeS bootlid for $1200 + shipping + repray to my colour - i kindly said no.

so for the time being, i've put duct tape over the chipped paint, to minmilize rusting - you can see/feel the metal now - a little bit of rust had already started but i managed to get most of it off.

it's silver duct tape, so its not too obvious, but it looks so ghetto lol

Comment

if you don;t claim it now, insurance won't cover it later.

Read your policy carefully, when you go to renew they will not cover existing damage. This would be considered existing damage.

Assesors are smart, you wont get away with it.
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

update:

well after 7months i decided to get off my lazy ass and get this fixed.

the metal was slowly starting to rust under ducttape that i put on it lol

here is the job that a mobile panel beater did for me today. if anyone wants their contact PM me. rather not spread his name all over the place. He's in melbourne and will come to your home or office. paint match is spotless, my gf had no idea where the dent was anymore.

before:

after:

Was $330. Local panel beater wanted to charge me $800.
                    some may say it wasnt worth the money, but i dont care. $330 is cheap to me for a car like this

now for me to weld the holes on top of the bootlid exposed from the spoiler :0
                    Last edited by m0nk3y; 18-07-08, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Looks good now!
                      Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

7 months . LOL

Glad you got it fixed buddy and at a good price.

Looks good
                        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                        sigpic
                        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

damn thats pretty good. give me his contact just in case
                          19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
                            7 months . LOL
                            yeh i finally got of my lazy ass and called someone up to do it hahahah

Comment

Working...
                            X