autech s15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autech s15

havnt heard anyone mention this car on these forums..
    i think its an interesting alternative to a dc2r/dc5r or s15 spec r/200sx.

its an s15, powered by the n/a sr20de, but tuned by autech with higher comp, more aggressive cams, intake tuning, fujitsubo-made exhaust manifold (sexy!), 6-speed from the spec-r with lightened flywheel, lsd, chassis bracing and stiffening, firmer and lower suspension and a few other minor changes..they make 147-150kw in standard form and reputedly have acceleration times very similar to dc2r/dc5r. they were made in 1999-2000 i beleive, and fetch similar prices to spec-r 15s.

sure the ultimate power and speed is less than the turbocharged variant, but i think a well-tuned autech s15 with nice wheels, well setup coilovers, intake/exhaust and some nice tomei cams and ecu would be really cool and unique. and u get the fun of FR

anyone here driven one?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

wu asked before i believe on another forum. Here is a link for some more info syz

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...ght=autech+s15

Comment

i love the shape, and would certainly enjoy an NA one with ITB's for circuit racing as the chassis appears to be quite capable too....
      ... retired/

Comment

this guy is a japanese dude that owns a spec s s15 which is a na sr20de. Alot of fun videos i have to say ..

of course autech i would presume is slightly faster then just spec s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EGIlZi0FCHw

Comment

man the micra is fast LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
            this guy is a japanese dude that owns a spec s s15 which is a na sr20de. Alot of fun videos i have to say ..

of course autech i would presume is slightly faster then just spec s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EGIlZi0FCHw
            Looks like a bloody go-kart track...
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

lol it is japan man

Comment

only thing bout this car, is every tom dick and harry would think ur turbo and want to run u....

Comment

the only thing about this car is my mate used to own one and couldnt beat my other mates tx3 NON turbo..
                  and no it wasnt the driver because we had many people who drove and and tried to beat it.
                  and no my mates tx3 isnt fast i can beat him in my dc5r reving to 4k every gear.
                  they are the biggest lemons stock..
                  but im guessing if u had big work prepared for it go ahead..
                  Looking High and Low for a TRUENO!

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                    Looks like a bloody go-kart track...
                    lol what i was about to say. what a frustrating track..

yeah i dunno why but im always attracted to these things..like i really liked that YSR tuned supra sz-r in one of the hpi's a few issues ago..before i got my dc2r i was also interested in getting an na s15. just thought it'd be so cool havin this nice tuned s15, then when u start it up theres that NA rasp and ppl go WTF? then u pop the hood and theres ITBs

..but sure the flip side is a normal turbo s15 would be cheaper to make faster and ultimately would be a faster car..

Comment

what you are getting at is basically you are the type of person that likes to make life diffucult for yourself? LOL jkjkjk

i understand what you mean but in the end it is a lot of trouble and money for differentiation .......

you could just buy a s2k

Comment

lol yeah...well thats why i got the dc2r in the end..that and coz i loved it more

Comment

Working...
                        X