DC5S vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vitabrits View Post
    I had a DC5R awhile back and drove my friends Type S... Definitely much smoother
    mate there wouldnt be much in it, stock to stock

if anything the S will be more aggresive...

but it may sound loader in a R
    Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

hi initial poster of the question - not sure if you are still on the forum, hahaha...

anywayz, i have had both the DC5R (02-04) and DC5S (06-current). It is much of a muchness really in terms of the differences. But definitely never ever gets fully unsick!

anywho, some say that the change over is slightly more unnoticeable in the DC5S as 'apparently' the power down low is increased than in the DC5R. Can't really comment on the sound as i only have an Injen CAI on my Type S, and i had an Injen CAI plus Trust PEII exhaust on my DC5R.

I can say that even with the mods, the responsiveness of my DC5S feels superior over my DC5R. Or that can be just in my head as i dont want to say my old car is better than my current.

Comment

I test drove both cars and I'm still looking for a DC5 R though the type S is got more power, I felt the extra kw when I drove it. Abit more silent in the S but can still notice the V-tec at engagement.

I've decided on the Type R 'cause of its sportiness, bucket seats, lighter, sexy spoiler... and no problems with the co2 sensors when changing to after market exhaust systems.

Comment

Originally posted by T R DC5 View Post
          I test drove both cars and I'm still looking for a DC5 R though the type S is got more power, I felt the extra kw when I drove it. Abit more silent in the S but can still notice the V-tec at engagement.

I've decided on the Type R 'cause of its sportiness, bucket seats, lighter, sexy spoiler... and no problems with the co2 sensors when changing to after market exhaust systems.
          You just buy a Defouler from www.strutking.com and the type S co2 problem is gone!!!!
          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Working...
          X