NSW Car Crushing Laws

"We'll destroy hoons' cars - and video it"

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...766541131.html
    ClubITR | Like

Ouch.

Ill take a defect over that anyday.

Comment

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...63-421,00.html

.... and it gets better... NOT!! It was 2 Honda's. Apparently it was a Intergra DC2R, and a Civic. The Civic won according to a mate at work.

Guys, speed off the streets!

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

it is a proposed law i guess, so that makes it slightly better

Comment

this proves that civics > integras :P

Comment

"The RTA will also use the unique tests to investigate the potential effects of certain modifications on overall crashworthiness.
            At least it's better than just crushing them.
            F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

If the crushing rule of street racers cars are applied, don't expect many cars to pull over. Street racers will take a chance and drive harder through traffic and suburban streets further endagering fellow motorists and pedestrians. my 2c
              WSID-17/10/2007 - 14.074

Comment

Originally posted by Criz R View Post
                If the crushing rule of street racers cars are applied, don't expect many cars to pull over. Street racers will take a chance and drive harder through traffic and suburban streets further endagering fellow motorists and pedestrians. my 2c
                Good point

What i dont understand is why the government, instead of playing stupid scare tactics, promote off street racing and event where enthusiasts and hoons can all have somewhere that is safe, accessible and attainable to all people.

Instead of scaring people into conforming, they could actually do a lot of good to support the community and help them do things the right way...

Stupid f&*king government... the issue is if they did the above they would have to spend money not take it

Comment

Give us more off street racing venues thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli
                    What i dont understand is why the government, instead of playing stupid scare tactics, promote off street racing and event where enthusiasts and hoons can all have somewhere that is safe, accessible and attainable to all people.
                    ive heard that police wait outside certain tracks and drag strips at nights and ping cars speeding away from the events, as the people are still in the "driving hard" state of mind.
                    and its true that the media sensationalises all these events to get ratings.. in public holidays theres always a road toll, but when a red or green P plater crashes and dies its page 2/3 news..

IMO kids will always die behind the wheels of a car, reguardless of a turbo or N/A or performance modification, if you crash into a poll at 120kmph youve got a good chance of dieing, and its naieve to think that this will stop anything as most cars can get up to 120, even my EG Breeze :P

Comment

media controls the f&*kin world...

Comment

Originally posted by sai_ANN
                        IMO it's more because the media play up all these incidences to up their ratings...and that's just the way it goes...the public ends up thinking "all modified cars are driven by hoons" and now the gov't is obviously taking advantage on public opinion to up their own favour with the public...and we get to this...

anyway...that's my 2c
                        I will second that
                        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
                          I will second that
                          Ill third that... i mean it is election time >.>
                          Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by daviee17 View Post
                            Ill third that... i mean it is election time >.>
                            I'LL FOURTH. I have experienced some harsh hoon laws before(i wont disclose them)... i tell u right now, if i am EVER in the position again... I wont be pulling over in honesty...

Yes, it's our own stupid fault but there really isnt enough venues and yes, coppers often do wait and defect cars coming out of the off street drags (calder friday nights) again, our own faults for driving defects... Can't outrun the media and the propaganda which controls our country.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

this is bullshit.. excuse the french but if their bringing in these laws why arent they also bringing in the being able to drive at 16 etc.etc might as well bloody drive on the right side on the road.. john howard stop kissing so much ass and start listening to your people!
                              Have you had your daily dose of VTEC?

Comment

Working...
                              X