life after DC2R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life after DC2R?

i have owned my dc2R for about 4 years and, with the help of some $ spent on some light tuning, i love it as much today as ever..
    i plan to keep the car for many more years, as there are few cars out there that impress me the way the dc2r does.

has anyone here experienced the new 350Z? whats it like? would this be a car worthy of aspiring to own?

i have driven FunkyR's evo9, and i can see why a lot of ITR owners progress to this car. it is a signifficant step up in performance, while maintaining a similar hardcore nature and feel. pity about the looks..i know it can look tough with coilovers and nice wheels, but still..

i drove another friend's M3 CS the other day and was similarly impressed. in a streight line it has almost the shove of an evo9, plus it keeps on pushing to the redline, unlike the evo which plateus a little over the last 1000rpm or so..
    but the price?!

comments?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

NA2R or 997 GT3 RS would have to be next!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      NA2R or 997 GT3 RS would have to be next!
      ^ rich arse :P jokes...
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

evo 8 mr fq400

..or just, a evo 8

Comment

Evo IX MR or a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R type A

If you can get your hands on a either of these cars i'll be hell jealous cuase these are what i want when i can get a turbo :P

http://members.cox.net/spirit_r/picture.html
          sigpic
          [GH-05-TR]

Comment

DC5R...*runs*
            F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

M3 would be where i'd be going...

or 350z...
              ... retired/

Comment

350z FTW....the aftermarket parts development is so mature and there is lots of parts to choose from.....even without turbo-ing it.....you can still get 350hp+ by mega tune......plus the VQ engine have so much protential in it........
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_R View Post

If you can get your hands on a either of these cars i'll be hell jealous cuase these are what i want when i can get a turbo :P

Pity we dont get the IX MR

I'm currently looking to cross to an Evo VIII MR, dont know if I can leave my DC2R though

Comment

Originally posted by Kazaf View Post
                    Pity we dont get the IX MR

I'm currently looking to cross to an Evo VIII MR, dont know if I can leave my DC2R though
                    I have also been thinking about doing that, but an evo VII or VIII.

Then I think about all the mods that I would do to the evo and im not sure if I wanna blow that sort of cash doing that.

Whereas the ITR I am perfectly happy with it in stock trim.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Megane R26. same underdog attitude. same supercar feel.

I dont like these new pedal setups where it pivots fomr the bottom IE FN2R etc. maybe you just have to get used to them.

I would probablly go s15.. I like coupes, extra luxury, extra power.

my 2 cents =D

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                        i have driven FunkyR's evo9, and i can see why a lot of ITR owners progress to this car. it is a signifficant step up in performance, while maintaining a similar hardcore nature and feel.
                        I agree it is the logical step up from an ITR but I fail to see how the E9 retains the similar hardcore nature and feel. How can it retains these elements when you have systems from A-Z kicking in to help you basically do everything except breathing?

While an E9 will probz be the next logical car for me to go to as I track but to me it will always be more of a time attack car rather then a driving experience car.

Btw I did not intend to offend any the evo owner's here and could possibly be one myself in the not so far future but this is my opinion.
                        Last edited by TeMp; 30-10-07, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_R View Post

my friend has an FD SpiritR typeA..
                          i am still waiting for a drive
                          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

I'm thinking of S2K or Evo 6.5...hmm..

Comment

personally i find 350z hard to drive. so big

Comment

Working...
                              X