In car camera arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In car camera arm

Not exactly sure what the name of the arm is. I am looking for the arm where you attach it to your strut and the other end where you put your camera/dv/etc on to record.

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/...?livid=2&idx=7

Above was suggested to me but at about nearly $300,
    I found it a little too steep?

Just wanted to know what other options are out there and what they cost.

Ta.

That is abit pricey!! Would be good if there was one with a few magnets to hold it to give you more angle to shoot from!
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Diy one like the one i made Vincent.. cost all of 20 bucks at bunnings .. you just goto find the right thread patern for the Camera =P
      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

I've used Manfrotto camera mounts before
        this one in fact
        http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/...fonce/pid/3241

They are really well made products, here's one of my footage
        Its unbelievably stable platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFCE6AzQho8

Comment

for a similar setup to the one in the OP, 2x manfrotto super clamps, a SS pole from bunnings + small ball head.

not too sure what you mean when you say you wanna attach it to your strut though...
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
            for a similar setup to the one in the OP, 2x manfrotto super clamps, a SS pole from bunnings + small ball head.

not too sure what you mean when you say you wanna attach it to your strut though...
            Do you have pics of your set up and rough cost? Might attempt the same thing.

When I meant attaching it to my strut I meant clamping the arm to my rear strut.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
              Diy one like the one i made Vincent.. cost all of 20 bucks at bunnings .. you just goto find the right thread patern for the Camera =P
              Where you put your camera Wayne you can't record what gear you are in and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                I've used Manfrotto camera mounts before
                this one in fact
                http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/...fonce/pid/3241

They are really well made products, here's one of my footage
                Its unbelievably stable platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFCE6AzQho8
                Its probaly my own mentality but I have the image of the suction clamp falling off during one of the corners on track.

So I rather stay with clamps atm, hence my mention of attaching the arm to my rear strut.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                  Do you have pics of your set up and rough cost? Might attempt the same thing.

When I meant attaching it to my strut I meant clamping the arm to my rear strut.
                  rear strut BAR?

it's an expensive option. you're better off going with the suction mount and maybe attaching that to your rear windscreen. camera will be upside down though, but i guess easy fix if you're using a digital device.
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

I really can't see how the camera can fall off, especially with the extra supporting leg.
                    The suction cup is very rigid, takes quite a bit of effort to dislodge it, unless you have a huge heavy camera (which I can't posibly imagine in the digital age) the suction cup would be fine. but hey, mounting it on a brace or roll cage would be better I guess.

Comment

Where you put your camera Wayne you can't record what gear you are in and etc.
                      you rather see what gear your in? you can usually tell.. when you look at the vid..

i rather be able to see my Revs and speedo..

from revs you can tell your braking how much to brake,

if your camera all the way up the back you cant see your speedo or taco.. only your gear stick..

and if you tell me you can hear the tone of your car and guess within 500 rpm from your engine noise ima going to bonk you on the head =P
                      Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

and on a side note from where i put my camera i can still see outside but i can see my steering wheel as well.. can your camera from all the way up back see your stearing wheel clearly vincent? or can your camera see through recaro's =P

i like the suction mount one.. thats a good spot.. can almost see everything including gearstick... from the passenger window that is..
                        Memorable quotes

Comment

you rather see what gear your in? you can usually tell.. when you look at the vid..

i rather be able to see my Revs and speedo..

from revs you can tell your braking how much to brake,

if your camera all the way up the back you cant see your speedo or taco.. only your gear stick..

and if you tell me you can hear the tone of your car and guess within 500 rpm from your engine noise ima going to bonk you on the head =P
                          Yeah i also want to see my revs and speedo. How can you see it with the way you put your camera? I imagine if you can record you speedo and revs then you wouldn't really get a good front view (your lines).

Comment

Yeah i also want to see my revs and speedo. How can you see it with the way you put your camera? I imagine if you can record you speedo and revs then you wouldn't really get a good front view (your lines).
                            when was the last time you saw my camera mount?

i used it at heathcote and winton last time.. even mugsee had a go at it.. you see everything just dependant on how good the quality of the video is now..

mines actually bolted down so no chance of moving..

im up to camera mount version 2 now.. version 1 was a failure...

clamps onto the recaro hole section back and front.. (dun worry doesnt damage recaro its got padding)

then onto a L bend and bolted onto a camera mount with a pivot..

if you think i can see the lines you should see the video..

its almost the same view section as the camera in the vid before where the passenger window is
                            Memorable quotes

Comment

when was the last time you saw my camera mount?

i used it at heathcote and winton last time.. even mugsee had a go at it.. you see everything just dependant on how good the quality of the video is now..

mines actually bolted down so no chance of moving..

im up to camera mount version 2 now.. version 1 was a failure...

clamps onto the recaro hole section back and front.. (dun worry doesnt damage recaro its got padding)

then onto a L bend and bolted onto a camera mount with a pivot..

if you think i can see the lines you should see the video..

its almost the same view section as the camera in the vid before where the passenger window is
                              I don't think I have seen your second version. Should post some pics here and it can record all that as it is a very cheap alternative.

Probaly come over soon to have a look since we probaly doing DIYs soon before Honda track day eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X