Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Road.....Monoflex or Super Function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Road.....Monoflex or Super Function?

Ok i have been researching like crazy to try and find out what coilover is going to suit my setup but to no avail.

The coilovers that i am considering are Tein monoflex and Zeal Super Function.

TEIN MONOFLEX
    Pros - Cheaper than zeals,
    Fulcrum Suspension can repair and revalve them,
    Newer technology.

Cons - Not as stiff a spring rate as i would like (10kg front, 6kg rear)
    Steel Shock (not as light)

ZEAL SUPER FUNCTION
    Pros - Aluminium Shock (lighter)
    One of zeals top of the range (supposed to perform great)
    Suitable Spring Rate (14kg front, 10kg rear)

Cons - Aluminium may not be able to handle aussie roads
    More Expensive
    Most likely have to send to japan to revalve or repair

Now from what i have heard Zeals are supposed to be duck's nuts but i cant really just go buy what ppl on honda-tech say. The same thing goes for monoflex, they apparantly have a new technology that makes them a great circuit/street coilover.

My situation is that i like to setup my car so that it handles like a go kart. Im leaning towards the Zeal Super Function just because of the fact that they are Zeals and i like the idea of an aluminium shock (lighter coilover performs better due to unsprung weight), I also like my ride to be a bit stiffer. Though in the back of my head i say to myself do i really need to go top of the line zeals? Maybe the monoflex will perform just as well and are cheaper.

Maybe some of you guys can help me make the decision because ive been thinking for a long time and still cant decide.
    Express your opinions and viewpoint.....especially if you have had experience with either of the products.

i dont see what the big deal is with the monotube. many coilovers have had that function for aeooooooooonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

so maybe new to teins flex line up but certainly nothing great. I have however heard great things from certain car owners about monoflex but then again they have really tried anything else and the first set of coilovers you usually get you will be impressed with them.

i think the price is quite abit of difference too ......

14k-10k is quite abit for a dc2 espicially if you are going to drive it on the rd

Comment

I was actually referring to the Micro Speed Valve (MSV) as the new technology on the monoflex.

With newly developed M.S.V. system, required damping force in very low speed range can be well maintained for better stability, improving steering response, road tractability and/or traction performance. (Taken from Tein Website) http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/msv.html

I have rode on Tein RA's before and i quite liked them and they where very similar if not harder spring rates. But from what i have heard Zeals absorb bumps so much better then the Teins.

Correct me if im wrong?

Comment

to tell you the truth, i dont know about every thing in regards to each coilover nor do i know about the technologies. and its hard to compare as ud be hard pressed to find someone who has tried both sets.

i have been in zeal equipped cars with exteremely high spring rates and yes they do seem to absorb bumps awfully well .....

Comment

from those specs, i would get the zeal.

i run cuscos with 12k/8k on sydny streets, they are harsh, but rewarding.
          ... retired/

Comment

mm cant comment on teins as i havnt experienced them, but i run zeal function xs with 12k/8k zeal xcoils springs, have had them since november '05, daily driven and a few track days. very happy with them, for the road they are, like tinks said, firm but rewarding

in terms of rebuild i thought centrax auto (official endless/zeal distributer) do rebuilds? or do they send them to japan for rebuild? anyway i bought mine thru them and very happy with their service and advice.
            hope this helps.
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
            X