Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dc2r Service Costs

hey guys,
    this might be an ambiguous questions, but i need to know, just roughly how much it is to service dc2R's with general 5000km service and the major services, i know this will vary each time, but just as a guide, a need i starting point, located in melbourne vic, so if anyone can help would be appreciated!
    thanks guys! - Marlo

In Syd i got a quote for a major which was around $700 which includes changing the timing belt and general service should be like around $100, really depends where you go

Comment

Yeah, I paid $700 for a major service and the minor services range from $80-160..

Expect to pay almost twice as much at Honda Service...
      Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

DIY minor service - 5000km = $78

Ryco Z79A filter - $18
        Mobil 15W-50 oil - $60
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
          Yeah, I paid $700 for a major service and the minor services range from $80-160..

Expect to pay almost twice as much at Honda Service...
          arron, so you'd only recommend servicing it at aftermarket tuners? i heard about Honda's insanely high costs for it..do the aftermarket tuners use the parts and oils that Honda has recomended for the R though?

Comment

You can take to them whatever products you want them to put in your car, else they will just use what they have and is suitable for your car at the workshop.

For example, if you wanted to use ELF oil instead of the workshops Mobil1 then you can just take your own bottle and get them to use that instead. or if you wanted to use HAMP oil filter instead of Ryco then you take your own too....stuff like that...

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              DIY minor service - 5000km = $78

Ryco Z79A filter - $18
              Mobil 15W-50 oil - $60
              Curious as to why you pay $18 for a Ryco filter when Genuine Honda ones can be had for substantially less? (recently paid $11 ea)
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

honda not open saturdays?
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  honda not open saturdays?
                  haha, true

Fair call.
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                    Curious as to why you pay $18 for a Ryco filter when Genuine Honda ones can be had for substantially less? (recently paid $11 ea)
                    you can even go more elcheapo with the Hamp Green filters at honda for about 6-7bucks each ^_^..

strange our honda spare parts here open on saturday till atleast 12..
                    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

yeh i went to honda for my 100,000 service and paid almost $900..

i was abit nrvous about taking my car 2 a garage and having them put on some shit oil, so just read around the forums and pick up some motul or whichever brand u wanna go wih and take it 2 a mechanic..

at my local place that charge 200 for:

oil change/filter
                      nw spark plugs
                      top up all oils/fluids
                      readjust handbreak

and i think a couple other things..

Comment

Hey DAve, this place seems to be open on Saturday half day!

188-196 Parramatta Road
                        Homebush, NSW, 2140
                        Phone (02) 9746 1444
                        Fax (02) 9746 1323
                        Monday to Friday:
                        8:00am - 5:30pm
                        Saturday:
                        8:00am - 12:00pm

I think it's Larke Hoskins.

Comment

Hmm They have the HAMP filters at Honda now ??

I always thought the HAMP filters were the Honda Performance filters for some reason.

I use the Japanese Made S2000 Toyo-Riki Filters. I can look up the part number when I get home if you guys want.

These filters boost your oil pressure a tad too.

Me wonders if someone would be willing to set-up a group buy for some OEM Honda filters. Assuming each person buys a case of 10 (100bucks a case ??? )
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                            Hmm They have the HAMP filters at Honda now ??

I always thought the HAMP filters were the Honda Performance filters for some reason.

I use the Japanese Made S2000 Toyo-Riki Filters. I can look up the part number when I get home if you guys want.

These filters boost your oil pressure a tad too.

Me wonders if someone would be willing to set-up a group buy for some OEM Honda filters. Assuming each person buys a case of 10 (100bucks a case ??? )
                            haha i should actually corect what i said

yes they are Hamp filters..

BUT.. theres 2 types the JDM one which are smaller. and the Tailand built Hamp Filters that are used in the Newer FD civics.. .. which happen to also fit the rest of the other hondas except the jazz i believe..

it looks like a cheaped out version of the OEM honda filter but green..

but its still HAmp..
                            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                            Originally posted by tinkerbell
                            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

HAMP = Honda After Market Part. lol
                              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X