Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the rules for importing cars again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the rules for importing cars again?

Sorry if this is a repost...

I am specifically asking about the FD2 Civic haha

In my understanding, we cant import the FD2 cos its too similar to the normal FD sedan?

Is there anywhere that lets you import a Mugen FD2, as opposed to a Honda FD2?

Car has to be special right?

Has to be special as in the chasis shape is unique (ie. EP3's are two door civic 'hatches') Plus it needs to be on SEVS register.

General FAQ:
    http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...ticle.php?t=17

Honda's that are approved:
    http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...ticle.php?t=19

Find yourself a FD2R wreck and a beat up FD locally and do a complete transplant
    Last edited by mugsee; 19-09-07, 09:53 AM.
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

the "rules" are here:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safet...importing.aspx
      ... retired/

Comment

so as a "Make" is Mugen any different to Honda? does anybody know? like if you bought a complete Mugen Civic Type RR

Comment

I think it would still be classified as Honda though.. like on papers, would it be Honda or Mugen?

I think that's the issue with trying to find a loophole =P
          g
          [ BBU66Z ]
          g
          Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

The new JDM Civic typeR is not available here (as we get the uk version) so its import will be allowed.. but you will need to wait for some company to get permission to do compliance on it..

Comment

yeh im thinking of applying to get it on the SEVS register lol... you just have to fill out the form and wait 28 days lol

just gotta build a strong case haha... and ichishima san left a whole bunch of brochures and magazines behind of the FD2

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                The new JDM Civic typeR is not available here (as we get the uk version) so its import will be allowed.. but you will need to wait for some company to get permission to do compliance on it..
                the CTR is not sold here but we get the regular FD sedans, i thought it was based on if the chassis series was sold here not wether a particular varient of it,

ie we got EK hatches so EK9 CTR's werent allowed.

Comment

go narada! do your bidding! =D
                  g
                  [ BBU66Z ]
                  g
                  Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    the CTR is not sold here but we get the regular FD sedans, i thought it was based on if the chassis series was sold here not wether a particular varient of it,

ie we got EK hatches so EK9 CTR's werent allowed.
                    i got an email from prestigemotorsports a few weeks ago (i am on their mailing list) talking about how people will have to wait about a year to get the new civic..

i think that's what i read or am i on some sort of drugs? maybe i am... maybe i'm mixed up with the new GTR skyline.. damn it..

yeah.. you'd better disregard what i said above till someone confirms it...

Comment

The mugen CTRR is only limited to 300 cars and as far as I know they are all sold.....As they sell it in Honda dealership in Japan so its still classfy as Honda.....
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      :blah:
                      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Working...
                      X