Temperature reduction due to front bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature reduction due to front bar

Found this quite interesting. Just wanted to add it is not only just the front bar, probaly the bonnet as well.

http://www.c-west.co.jp/labs/dc5_test.html

The figures in the red highlight how much cooler the temps are with the aftermarket kit compared to stock. And they go in the order of water, oil and air.
    Last edited by TeMp; 17-09-07, 08:06 AM.

Hadn't thought of that before. Good test
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

thanks for sharing

so it is not just *bling* is it?
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
        Found this quite interesting. Just wanted to add it is not only just the front bar, probaly the bonnet as well.

http://www.c-west.co.jp/labs/dc5_test.html

The figures in the red highlight how much cooler the temps are with the aftermarket kit compared to stock. And they go in the order of water, oil and air.
        Interesting.

Are you going to do some datalogging at Winton or something to see whether you experience similar effects , because there are a lot of variables that could affect how well your cooling system performs. The c-west page just screams marketing to me, and it would be fairly easy for them to manipulate the data in their favour .

Comment

i have the c-west artical on option magazine, whilst i think its a good indication i dont think you will get the excat same results.

For eg, the impact bar infront of the radiator. The c-west dc5 does not run that as it is a race car

Comment

also i don't think the cwest race car has air-con either...

Comment

Tom: Its very hard to guage the difference made by the frontbar and bonnet. Data logging is pointless since I don't have a previous comparasion and even if I reset the peaks logged on my defi guages it will still prove nothing due to different condition (different track days).

Only way to really test it out is to bring both frontbars/bonnets (stock and after market) to the same track day and put one after another on and see there difference.

But as said but Jing and Tofu, C-west's cars are different to the standard cars sold to public and the gains in cooling wil probaly be even less.

What would interest me even more would be the difference in down force gained with a frontbar/cannards over stock. Not sure if thats even measureable. Probaly will have to feel it myself soon!

Comment

What would interest me even more would be the difference in down force gained with a frontbar/cannards over stock. Not sure if thats even measureable. Probaly will have to feel it myself soon!
                that's what i want to know also!

Comment

Tom: Its very hard to guage the difference made by the frontbar and bonnet. Data logging is pointless since I don't have a previous comparasion and even if I reset the peaks logged on my defi guages it will still prove nothing due to different condition (different track days).

Only way to really test it out is to bring both frontbars/bonnets (stock and after market) to the same track day and put one after another on and see there difference.
                  Yeah, I know what you mean, I was just giving you a hard time . If you want to do a quick bonnet swap i'll give you a hand at Winton.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Yeah, I know what you mean, I was just giving you a hard time . If you want to do a quick bonnet swap i'll give you a hand at Winton.
                    Your bonnet may give me higher temps but it will help me gain 1 sec! Red bonnet ftw!

Comment

I reckon aftermarket bonnet + front bar did make some difference coz I was comparing the temp with you and Ben the last few track day and my Water Temp is like about 5 degree different......not much about oil temp tho......hope that helps.....
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      :blah:
                      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

lower temps.....

How does this effect wind resistance?
                        Deano.

Comment

Working...
                        X