Fire extinguisher in DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire extinguisher in DC5

So I need to fit a fire extinguisher as per CAMS regulations...

Has anyone here got one in their DC5?

Just need some help as to how to mount it preferably in front of the front passenger seat and where to go to get it done (Sydney)

Pics would be great as well.

Cheers

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
    So I need to fit a fire extinguisher as per CAMS regulations...

Has anyone here got one in their DC5?

Just need some help as to how to mount it preferably in front of the front passenger seat and where to go to get it done (Sydney)

Pics would be great as well.

Cheers
    Have a look at the HSCCV web site www.hsccv.org.au
    I bought my DC2 extinguisher mounting bracket from this club and it is a perfect fit on the passenger seat rail mounts. Contact number on the site to ring/pics as well.
    Not sure if the club has DC5 bracket it worth a call i thinnk mine was a $20.00 in alloy.
    I know they have a heap of S2000 mounts they are keen to sell.

Comment

Thanks for that dude, too bad I'm in Sydney as I need it done by this weekend...

Comment

they have s2000 mount? can you hook one for me? price?

Comment

go to bunnings, buy a cams approved fire extinguisher, buy some metal self tapping screws and attached the bracker by drilling the screws through the bracket and into the body of the car (make sure that there is nothing on the other side of the body).

Comment

I heard that the bracket can be attached to the seat rails meaning there is no need for drilling. Is this only for the DC2/S2k?

Comment

Yes... no need for drilling as the bracket is secured by the front mounting bolts of the seat rails.
              The bracket looks great ! and you dont have to drill holes or use self tappers.
              Two diferent brackets available that i know of one for DC2 the other for the S2K.
              Photo of the S2K mount on there web site price $15.00 he tells me thet are keen to get rid of the remaining stock.
              Not sure if all Honda's have a similar seat rail spacing if so then you could drill the mount.
              When i get home on the weekend I'll take a photo of mine and post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                I heard that the bracket can be attached to the seat rails meaning there is no need for drilling. Is this only for the DC2/S2k?
                go and check out my old DC5

Comment

how did you have to do it on the DC5 whtdc2???
                  ... retired/

Comment

[ATTACH]Picture 233.jpg[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files

Comment

good stuff!

Hoping they mk some thing similar to that for the DC5

Comment

I want one too....
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i ended up buying a CAMS approved fire extinguisher with a metal bracket and metal clamps for about $33 and got someone to drill two holes right in front of the passenger seat rails into the floor to secure the metal bracket.

Fits great as the seat covers it unless you slide the seat all the way back.

i can take a pic later if anyone wants to see...

Comment

i ended up buying a CAMS approved fire extinguisher with a metal bracket and metal clamps for about $33 and got someone to drill two holes right in front of the passenger seat rails into the floor to secure the metal bracket.

Fits great as the seat covers it unless you slide the seat all the way back.

i can take a pic later if anyone wants to see...
                            it gets HOT in the mugen type s aye... good buy

Comment

Yea I did the same, thought about making a bracket, but would've looked so messy and tacky, so Just drilled the two holes

Comment

Working...
                              X