HID kits...illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID kits...illegal

here's a very good short presentation about why aftermarket HIDs fitted to headlights not designed for HID bulbs (usually reflectors) are illegal

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...enon_test.html

very true all of that, it sucks driving infront of, or towards a car with aftermarket HID's.
    it makes me 100% i wouldnt fit em to my car.

out of interest, JDM DC5R had a HID option, are the headlights different from the AUDM ones, or JDM non HID ones?

Comment

same with hid only..
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i have read on clubrsx.com that the HID version of the DC5 headlights have different reflector design...??
        I guess you would know right air? you have a set correct?

Comment

i had a set of jdm headlights with the optional hid, i couldnt tell the difference between the jdm adn audm headlights design

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Interesting Watch.. cool guy =P
            g
            [ BBU66Z ]
            g
            Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

By looking into them......they are the same......
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

alot of people use HID's. Wonder if it will get enforced on our roads

Kinda watched the civic type R video on the page. Was more interesting

Comment

so many cars have HIDs now from factory so it's somewhat difficult to detect. I doubt you would get pulled over if you had your aftermarket HID on unless you were doing something stupid or have an obscenely loud car. you might get pulled over if you've got 8000k+ HID though
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

I don't completely understand how a HID kit can make u crash - I do think they are irritating in some cases though.

Great find nonetheless.
                    "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                      so many cars have HIDs now from factory so it's somewhat difficult to detect. I doubt you would get pulled over if you had your aftermarket HID on unless you were doing something stupid or have an obscenely loud car. you might get pulled over if you've got 8000k+ HID though
                      i got a set of 3000k HIDs on my EG and i ahve had no cop trouble at all... i was told tha ti may get pulled over cuz it's too yellow but no troulbe wat so ever...even driving right behind and nxt to cops.

as Mrthanh said as long as u don't do nefing stupid u will be rite.

Comment

i've compared 8000k HID's on a dc2r and echo.. and the lights scatters on the echo, hence making it look "brighter" and blinding, due to those reflective plates... so as long as you don't run reflective plates (such as subaru liberty, dc2, s15's), then you're less likely to be hassled by cops... i've had cops staring at me but never questioned about it... but im guessing they got other things to worry about other than my lights

Comment

How much does the light scatter on the DC5's? Has anyone had any trouble with HID kits on them?
                          sigpic
                          [GH-05-TR]

Comment

i havent had any cop trouble with my HIDS on my dc5 (touch wood)

my mate says they arent too blinding, even when i drive behind him

make sure you aim them as low as you can as well. that helps.
                            2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

I aim mine normally, not as low because then I won't be able to see as much of the road as I want....and yes I get oncoming flashes every now and then lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X