No announcement yet.

Buddy club short shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've put short shifters in cars before and do find it easier to crunch gears in rushed gearchange situations (in the cars I had them in). The simple lesson learnt though is to not rush gear changes! I'm a much smoother driver now
    www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

I got a DC2 before n i feel the OEM shifter is much shorter then DC5R.....(just my feeling)

Comment

Well the DC2R shift feel is TOTALLY different to the DC5R. The DC2R feels so old school mechanical in comparisson to the modern shift feel of the DC5R.

I know many say the S2K has one of the best shifters around. I'm not to sure it has (as in... I surely hope there is better out there!). I do like it, it does crunch if you rush. It is short and notchy which I do like. Sure, it craps all over any EVO out there shift feel wise (well, not too bad in a 6.5 TME), but it is comparable to an MX5's short shift.
        www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Forgot to mention, the TRD short shifter in an AE86 is awesome. It's noisy as hell when you hit higher rpm's (it vibrates) but apart from that I think it's perhaps one of the better short shifters I've tried. Then again, the stock shifter on an AE86 feels like stirring a thick bucket of paint with a massive brush.
          www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
            Fitted one to my car myself.

It was so much fun... NOT!!!

It was pretty hairy trying to take off the surround without breaking any of the clips.

Once fitted it was amazing. Much shorter shift, same shifter height but a heavier motion.

Very direct action and engagement.

Recommend it for sure.

I fitted this in conjunction with metal bushes on the gearbox end. Solved my "second gear crunching" problem.

Oh, I did put in the black Innovative engine mounts too, which may have helped.
            How much did that all cost and where did you source the parts from.
            Parts in stock?

Comment

The metal shifter bushes that go on top of the gearbox were about $100 shipped, but they are well worth it, they allow you to change quite a bit quicker because when you SLAM a gear, there is no movement taken up by the rubber bush.

They are from America, I can source them for you if you want. PM me if you are interested.

For the install, look up "RSX Buddyclub short shift install" on Google, I think the one I used was somewhere on ClubRSX Use this in conjunction with a downloaded RSX workshop manual which shows the removal in a little more detail, such as the precise location of all the clips, OR YOU WILL BREAK SOME

Good luck though, its well worth the change to one, but I would hate to do it again.

Comment

^

Why do you need to change your bushings when (AUDM DC5R I take it) they are already metal?

It is the RSX over in the US which comes with rubber bushing hence why they change it.

Comment

Working...
                X