Opinion on DC2R Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on DC2R Shell

Say hypothetically you had the opportunity to buy a JDM DC2R shell 98spec.
    How much would you pay for it considering the following:

The shell comes in good condition but has no interior or dash, no engine components or drivetrain, no brakes, no suspension and may have slight dings in a few places.

Does come with all panels and HID headlights (98spec).

Pls no smart ass reply's this is a serious question

i'd prob pay 3k.. considering you can get a hid front cut for 2.5ish 500 for the rest of the car should be right =p .. but im a tightass. I guess the best way to see how much its worth is to find out how much it'll cost you to get all the other parts to get the car back to running state and see from there.

Comment

cmon guys some more ppl must know about this....just want to know approx prices of how much you would pay. If anyone actually knows how much it should cost then just post your opinion please.

Comment

umm... there is a memeber on here that recently sold a slightly damaged DC5r shell... he is the owner that owns the Elise with the K20 in it.

Other wise, drop into Centrax and ask them, as they bought a DC2r shell (or i think it was a shell) and ask how much they paid for it... just a few ways to get a "ball park" figure

Comment

I would only but this if it was to be a major ground up track build. Would end up costing a fortune though but would be cool. Or mine may be up for sale soon, This will save u a lot of headaches
          Friends dont let friends roll on nankangs

Comment

not asking how much it would be to build the car only how much it would be for the rolling shell.

Comment

call a wrecker...

www.yellowpages.com.au
              ... retired/

Comment

i dont think a wrecker would have a JDM DC2R shell in good condition.
                Or do you think differently??
                Especially a rolling shell.

Comment

sorry, i meant CALL the wrecker and ask how much a rolling DC2R shell is worth...

they would have a better idea of how much one was worth than any of us...

that is what your point of this thread is? isn't it?
                  ... retired/

Comment

wouldnt there be a difference in price between the AUDM delivered DC2R and the JDM DC2R. I would think wreckers wouldnt get any full JDM shells because its japanese delivered.

In addition if anyone does know any wreckers that may have a full JDM DC2R rolling shell in there posession or know of a wrecker that has had one before pls dont hesitate to let me know.

Comment

yep, JDM shell would be worth about ~1500 more if the front end was complete & undamaged...
                      ... retired/

Comment

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u15584209

heaps of JDM DC2R rolling shells there!!!!!!!!!!!
                        ... retired/

Comment

rolling shell is not the full car working car......it is pretty much a shell with no engine or drive train components, no suspension or brakes and even no interior, dash.

Just chassis/shell, panels, doors, boot, bonnet and wheels

http://popular.ebay.co.uk/ns/Cars+Pa...ing+Shell.html
                          Last edited by MKDC2; 14-08-07, 03:21 PM.

Comment

IMO - you will never find a JDM "rolling shell" for sale in Australia...
                            ... retired/

Comment

I agree but lets say HYPOTHETICALLY you where to find one what would the APPROX price be considering it is in reasonable condition few dings here and there and it is a rolling shell all the conditions listed in that website i posted.

Sorry to be so repetitive but it just seems as if im not really getting the answer im looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X