Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash rattle

Hi All,

Just wondering is anyone has had a rattle issue in their DC5 . Basically i can hear a rattle within the dashboard - not sure if it is generating from the passanger aibag. It is a constant rattle especially when going over rough surface roads. At times when im driving and i put pressure right in the middle of the dash, the noise stops - me thinks it might be the cover (not clicked in somewhere properly).

Any suggestions of how i can get into the dash to check around to see if it is secure of if anything is hitting it from underneath.

Will Honda check this for me under warranty (want to check my door rattle also) or will they say it is void due to aftermarket springs.

I have a constant rattle in my dashboard...lol but does it really matter?

Comment

i have rattles all over the car =D=D
      g
      [ BBU66Z ]
      g
      Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Ever since I got coilovers the passenger side of the dash rattles. Mainly over rough roads and train tracks:P. Not much you can do about it mate.
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

I have exactly the same thing in my TypeS!!
          this didn't happen with my base tho...

I plan to use a hair blow dryer and some books to fix this problem...
          heat the plastic dash, place some heavy books (chemistry, accounting or law books works great)...then see how that goes...

Comment

at least its not only me - yeah, only happenning in my TypeS, not my DC5R.

Blowdryer, sounds difficult. I might go the way of getting little rubber gromets and wedging two on each side of the dash between the windscreen.

Also, anyone figured out a fix on the door rattle - speaker vibration.

Comment

Working...
            X