Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Regarding bulbs in OEM JDM HID kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Regarding bulbs in OEM JDM HID kit.

I was wondering if I change the bulbs to 5000k bulbs from the JDM HID's 4100k OEM bulbs, or any other bulb with different kelvin ratings, will it make a difference, or does the colour output have to do with the ballast?
    You can laugh at me or poke at me all you want...but I really have no clue about this. Thanks in advance. And if anyone has any pictures of different bulbs in their OEM JDM HID kits, please post them.

~Will

The Colour will change, but if you use a ballast as well... you'll get a greater output.

Comment

colour will change, don't have pics but i've done that before changed it form 4300k to 6000k

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

So you guys are saying, with any HID kit with a ballast, if you change the bulb to a different K rating from the original, it will still work?

Comment

I guess as long as the connectors that go into the ballast from the bulb does not require any modifications then I don't see why you can't.

Comment

are you referring to the JDM DC2R Headlight?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

if you have a 4300k ballast you can change to any bulbs with higher kelvin

but if you had a 8000k ballast i dont think you can change to 4300k bulbs. i was told this before

so you can only go higher but not lower then your ballast kelvin

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

That's interesting, i've always thought that you can put in any bulb with different kelvins without any issues.
                Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

So Can Anyone Answer This Question Definitely?

Okay digging up an old thread which seemed to be same topic as my question... and reading this thread, the answers are not 100% definite...

One of my HID bulbs for my DC2R (non-JDM kit) are gone and I want to get a replacement... my questions are:
                  1. Can I use different brand bulb to ballast?
                  2. If I have 7500K, can I use 6000K bulb?
                  3. Does anyone know a supplier who sells for cheap apart from eBay?
                  4. If I can get cheap nasty eBay set (complete with bulbs, ballast, etc) for $80 delivered from HK, is this better than just buying replacement bulbs that might cost me $50?

Comment

1. Yes
                    2. No idea
                    3. No idea
                    4. I tried a cheap and nasty set (cant' remember the name) and compared that to a phillip ones... the difference is there with the brightness and the phillip ones doens't flicker as much when you turn it on...

So depends where you wanna go depending on if you already have a 'good' ballast or a 'cheap and nasty' ones haha...

Comment

Working...
                    X