DC2R Trunk's Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Trunk's Carpet

Has anyone done something about their DC2R trunk carpet?

Mine seems to be coming out of velcro strap alot lately and its sliding all over the place. Sticks out like a sore thumb every time I open the boot.

yeah my carpet is hopeless as well!!

you could probably buy thicker carpet and cut it to fit?
    '99 JDM CW DC2R

Comment

lol!

i say live with it.. it is a type R after all.. nothing to brag about in terms of quality and build of the interior

Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

just pull it out.. no need for the carpet.

Comment

take it out =P

i now use it to lie on when working under the car its actually alot warmer than the floor =P.. and somewhat soft =P
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Yeah I've rolled the carpet under the rear seats and put on a generic rubber mat that I got from some shop...

Comment

replace the velcro in different places, my carpet has frayed where i meets the velcro, thats why it wont stay down

Comment

Another vote for "rip it out"
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I didn't rip mine out but what I did was roll it up and shove it between the rear seats and the boot...

Comment

The reason why it doesn't stay down is because of the CF wheel cover. If you look at a VTiR with a rough wooden wheel cover, the carpet actually sticks to the rough surface, thus creating lots of friction on the carpet so that the carpet cannot move at all.
                    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                      replace the velcro in different places, my carpet has frayed where i meets the velcro, thats why it wont stay down
                      Exactly what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                        The reason why it doesn't stay down is because of the CF wheel cover. If you look at a VTiR with a rough wooden wheel cover, the carpet actually sticks to the rough surface, thus creating lots of friction on the carpet so that the carpet cannot move at all.

man i have a vtir and it never stood still!.. it still uses velcro on the 2 corners..
                        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                        Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Firstly the quality of that carpet is crap!

Secondly, that 2 measly velcro strips ain't strong enough to hold the G-force that the Type R can pull round corners. It will just end up dragging the carpet out.

Obviously honda was great at making things move not stay.

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                            its actually plastic dude

Comment

Working...
                            X