DC2R wheel bearing replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R wheel bearing replacement

giday i would be Matt from QLD with a black DC2R '00' i was just wondering if any 1 has replaced there front end well bearings before ?

and is there any special bearing required ? Ie i mean sum times I've seen in Honda motorcycles with certain bearings u cant buy any other bearing to suit. but the genuine 1 due to having special requirements i guess, even though i think i will buy genuine wheel bearings to be safe any way
    Living The Midnight Dream

when i replaced my wheel bearing i bought it through honda, it was a different brand than what was already in the car

MTN bearing in the car, Koyo replacement bearing

after i removed the bearing from the hub, i tried to purchase a MTN bearing using the part number on the bearing but found out that, that part number is only sold to honda

after getting the replacement koyo bearing from honda, i found i could buy koyo bearings for under $100 compared to buying them from honda for $180+

Comment

mm $180 each lol sounds like Honda to me..

thanks for that ill look in to see if i can get after market Koyo bearings it should be fine if Honda sells them in stead of the MTN i was just worried that there would be a special requirement due to a DC2R is not a everyday shopping cart lol

when they set up to do track work with them, I could just imagine the kinda stresses that would go on the bearing

Comment

Originally posted by B.ITR.00 View Post
        mm $180 each lol sounds like Honda to me..

thanks for that ill look in to see if i can get after market Koyo bearings it should be fine if Honda sells them in stead of the MTN i was just worried that there would be a special requirement due to a DC2R is not a everyday shopping cart lol

when they set up to do track work with them, I could just imagine the kinda stresses that would go on the bearing
        i gotr mine from http://www.procureit.com.au/

about 80 shipped from qld for one.

but it was a fukaround as there were 2 types for teh DC2 98+

i got the worng one first go, and seem only way to tell is to remove it and measure/use number...

if you have the bearing press etc - this can be easy - other wise you might be without your car for a few days/week...
        ... retired/

Comment

mm ill look in to that too thx mate

lucky for me i have access to a bearing press though i sorta cant take the Teg of off the road for that long due to i have to drive it to work the days my oldman's not home

Comment

yep - i bought a bearing press for the purpose - save loads of money on other jobs since then as well...
            ... retired/

Comment

Cost me $80 for the pair when I did my DC2R a few years back (2004). Only $22 at the machine shop to get the old ones pressed out and new ones pressed in. Genuine Honda bearings from Japan are currently $88 plus GST each. A machine shop shouldn't charge more than say $44 to do the job.

Comment

i know this thread is old but im wondering if anyone knows the part number for an audm dc2r front wheel bearing?
                k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                  i know this thread is old but im wondering if anyone knows the part number for an audm dc2r front wheel bearing?
                  I don't remember exactly but I sourced my bearings from http://www.conbear.com/ and just told them the model & year of my car..
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

call Honda and give them the VIN number...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      I don't remember exactly but I sourced my bearings from http://www.conbear.com/ and just told them the model & year of my car..
                      thanks man, roughly how much did they charge?

edit- ijust sent them an email, hope its under a hundred bucks.
                      Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      call Honda and give them the VIN number...
                      i could just do that lol
                      Last edited by k20eg; 01-03-11, 03:38 PM.
                      k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                        i could just do that lol
                        to avoid getting the wrong one, it might be wise to check...
                        ... retired/

Comment

dc2r wheel bearing same size as vtir and gsi?
                          i've just bought a cbc front wheel bearing for my audm dc2r. When the bearing arrived i noticed on the box it said 'replacement front wheel bearing for all the old civics (eg-ek), crx's, crvs, dc2 vtir and dc4 ect.. but it didn't say type r.

i thought the type r bearing was a different size? maybe they sent me the wrong one by mistake? i told them exactly what model it was for.

can anyone confirm that the type r bearing is the same size as the other dc2's before i open up packaging and take my hub in to the mechanic ?

thanks guys
                          k20A DC2R

Comment

holy fuck, I think someone somewhere actually might have mentioned the possibility of getting the wrong bearing before...

but seriously, you can just measure the OD of the bearing and compare it to the one in your hub... QED.
                            ... retired/

Comment

lol but the cbc part number would be different from the the honda part number anyway right?

yeah that sounds like a good idea, thanks

and QED?
                              k20A DC2R

Comment

Working...
                              X