Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaro's covered under warranty?

Hey guys, Just wondering.

My DC5R recaro driver side is wearing (I know it's a common problem) and the material is fading too. Is it possible that this can be claimed under warranty?

Thanks

Have you tried calling up Honda?

BTW I've moved your thread from Technical to General Auto as it just doesn't seem right to have it in Technical

Comment

Alright no worries, I'll give em a call tomorrow.

I've got an extended Honda warranty.

Comment

I think you'll find they don't cover general wear and tear associated with use, so you would have to show how the seat is defective.
        "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

hi mate

i ask already mate..they told me to talk to RECAROS themselves cos its not they product so they not liable to replace it for u

cheers

david
          ready! steady! go! i-VTEC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by retyped View Post
            hi mate

i ask already mate..they told me to talk to RECAROS themselves cos its not they product so they not liable to replace it for u

cheers

david
            if your car is still under warranty i would go back and tell thats absoulte BS, they are an OEM part so it their problem.
            it not being covered under warranty cos of wear and tear is a more likely answer.

Comment

which honda did you go to? so I know not to go there. I have a waranty issue as well with my recaro seat.

Comment

Originally posted by retyped View Post
                hi mate

cheers

david
                david - please put your location in your profile.
                ... retired/

Comment

NORTH HONDA in perth !!!

matt my car is not under warranty ...but when i got it 2nd hand it was now i cant do sH*t cos my turned 4 years old ...

cheers

i..the problem was not wear and tear just because my recaros are wobbly ...but i got it fixed
                  ready! steady! go! i-VTEC!!!

Comment

ah right honda north, i see the problem now....
                    even still they shouldnt have told its not hondas problem, just no longer a warranty issue...

Comment

Working...
                    X