Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civic Type R Finally Arrived in HK Last Week

...I'm gonna go have a look if those import shops are open this weekend

Hot Machine Magazine described the new K20A in the FD2 as very strong in the low revs, much stronger than DC5 and EP3. There is a lot more urge from the torque at 3500rpm and feels very strong when reaching 4000rpm. The new 6 speed gearbox setup is even more improved to match that improvement, it's very useful when in low revs range. The new engine has improved so much is because they use the same engine porting process as used in the NSX Type-R.

Overall the main areas they said that impressed them is the new design of the throttle, Speedo, The shifting action of the new gearbox with shorter shifting action, the stiffness of the new suspension and it's setup, the 18 inch rims & tyres and the new engine.
    Last edited by twmwong; 21-04-07, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Here's a HK importer link sneak peak

http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_...lst.php&h_vw=1
      Last edited by twmwong; 21-04-07, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Just hope that AUDM CTR share the same engine
        For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by twmwong View Post
          Here's a HK importer link sneak peak

http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_...lst.php&h_vw=1
          lol @ how he mounted the plates

Comment

more torque because of the longer runners on the inlet manifold... but wont has as good a top end. but this is important to have more low down torque because of the increase of weight on the DC5

Looks so damn hot though! my girlfriend has the normal Civic, if they bring it over i'm sure i'll put the hard word on her to trade it in! lol

Have you guys seen the Mugen version though!? OMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
              more torque because of the longer runners on the inlet manifold... but wont has as good a top end. but this is important to have more low down torque because of the increase of weight on the DC5

Looks so damn hot though! my girlfriend has the normal Civic, if they bring it over i'm sure i'll put the hard word on her to trade it in! lol

Have you guys seen the Mugen version though!? OMG!!!!
              Yes...I saw the photos that were taken at the track where Spoon, Mugen and the Normal Honda Civic Type R gets on the track to do some runs...it's really damn hot

But it's a little expensive at the moment, even in HK...cos of the import tax...
              The Civic sells for about $32,000 AUD in HK price...add on top what they call the first introductory tax...it's pretty close to $50,000 AUD...so what I'm gonna do is wait 1 and a half year, save some money first, then get a car loan and get it when the price has dropped. By then it'll also be a better time, cos a lot of mods should be out already for the car

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
                lol @ how he mounted the plates
                Nar man...that's how u put the plates on when u want to test drive the car in HK...

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                  Just hope that AUDM CTR share the same engine
                  Don't think that would happen, cos the AUSDM CTR is only gonna be 148kw (200hp) compared to JDM's 165kw (225hp)

Comment

I'm loving the new speedo, it is so illuminated, especially the TYPE R symbol

Comment

So Jealous Tim.

>< you get to see it in person

Comment

Spoon modified Civic r

Mugen civic R in a different color

Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Manny; 14-08-08, 11:08 PM.
                          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Silly question...but is the JDM CTR built in Japan or Thailand like the normal Civics?
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Tim, i promise you, if you buy one in Hong Kong today, it will get stoten tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X