Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on paint protection

Hi guys,

The gf has bought herself a Subaru, and is becoming very protective of it, talking of paint and leather protection etc. Subaru Aus quoted her about 1600 for lifetime paint+interior protection, which includes paint protection, scratch n dent fixes for 2yrs, leather preservation, carpet protector, vinyl conditioner.

Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys thought of this stuff. I've heard all kinds of reviews for this, right from its rubbish to people saying bird poop slides right off. Do you think it’s a waste of money, or does it really help with paint preservation in the long run?

Oh, and its a silver impreza with luxury pack if anyone wanted to know.

Thanks.

paint protection is good...but never get it done by your dealer...cos that will cost you 2-3 times more

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

is she planning to keep this car for a very long time?
      like 10 years or more?
      because if you are only going to keep the car for around 5 years or less, then i think there's no point in getting it. So long you keep your car in fairly good condition, like general care would be fine

i've owned cars since brand new and didn't bother with paint protection, and never had a problem with the paint.

Comment

Out of curisoty, what brand are they offering?

Comment

the scratch and dent repairs for 2 years sounds tempting. although i bought paint protection and "free" tints for my car ages ago and ive been kicking myself ever since. wish i could have spent the $1000 elsewhere. you can get it done considerably cheaper elsewhere, dont get it from the dealers.

Comment

A friend of mine had his Accord Euro done with dealer paint protection.

It was CRAP.

After he got his refund on the paint protection he and I detailed the car using Autoglym products and the result was far better, for around 1/10th the price (plus a little elbow grease).
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

She is planning to keep the car for sometime; she kept her last car, Hyundai Accent, for about 7yrs and traded that in. I'm so happy the Hyundai is gone

Her car is pretty much outdoors 24x7 and has little to none undercover time, which is why I'm thinking this isn’t such a bad idea. I think the brand Subaru quoted her is motorone, or fifth dimension.

She got quoted $500 from tint-a-car with a 3yr guarantee, but we have to find out what that guarantee is exactly.

I am very wary of them just doing a full detail and nothing else.

Comment

paint protection is basically a sealant applied to the car, it won't last any longer than 1 year and has to be reapplied yearly at your expense. Read the brochure properly and I guarantee it will tell you that.

Not only that but you have to abide by strict guidelines for the warranty to have any impact.

Spend $400 on a high quality detail instead, there is Australia's best detailer in Melbourne. Get him to Zaino it and it will have a far better shine than anything a dealer can hope to ever accomplish.

Paint protection from dealers is for suckers
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Like everything prevention is usually the best cure, keeping the car clean and waxed, car cover if feasible, and pay for a detailing job once in a blue moon, is far better than paying for paint protection IMO.
                  The most expensive is not always the best, but the best is always expensive.

Comment

I have heard that this where dealers make there money. Factory paint jobs on quality cars are pretty good now so i agree with NeoNode.
                    F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Paul, no offense but I think the way you guys sell your product is a load of crap.

You guys keep mentioning showroom shine but I fail to see how you can offere a showroom shine without doing any paint preparation.

I know that swirl removal or contaminant removal is not part of your process. So how can you offer a show room shine on a finish which isn't prepared properly.

I would never reccomend anyone spending 1000 of dollars on the crap you guys sell.
                      /Oo ___H___ oO\
                      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Not sure about YOUR product, because quite frankly I didn't read your essay of a post. But as per the title of the thread, I will comment: i've had all our cars paint protected in the past, and my god it's awesome. You litrally have to hose your car down and it's clean. Dirt doesn't stick to paint as much.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thoughts on paint protection

We all know about the covert ops that our government doesnt tell us. I was just curious with all the Blackwater in recent news what some are calling a scandal think?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoNode View Post
                            Like everything prevention is usually the best cure, keeping the car clean and waxed, car cover if feasible, and pay for a detailing job once in a blue moon, is far better than paying for paint protection IMO.
                            +1 agreed

Comment

Working...
                            X