FY08 Honda S2000 Club Racer (CR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FY08 Honda S2000 Club Racer (CR)

Unfortunately, only North Americas is invited to the party. Not available anywhere else in the world. You decide whether if the world is losing or gaining. Earliest release pictures, from the 07 NYC Autoshow setup day.

Official word on the S2000 CR.

looks like an interesting concept. Whilst many s2000 owners have modified their s2000's seriously it is always good to see what the original manufacture can do and their version of track-spec s2000

judging from those pictures

the car has an aggressive front splitter design. Bigger more prominent intergrated rollhoops and a hardtop only option with no soft top * the humps take up the place where the normal soft top goes *.

Car is also shod on big semi slicks and a more aggressive gt style wing
    Last edited by Jingers; 04-04-07, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Not liking what I'm seeing thus far...
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

the Japanese still does it better, ie Mugen, J's racing etc

Comment

i think an official typeR version is also possible... Jeff over at vtec.net wasnt sure that the CR is the only hot S2000 that he was hearing about...

fingers crossed its just the start..

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
            i think an official typeR version is also possible... Jeff over at vtec.net wasnt sure that the CR is the only hot S2000 that he was hearing about...

fingers crossed its just the start..
            Well this is sort of the Type-R version that the Option magazine was spreading the rumours about I read about a month ago
            Last edited by twmwong; 05-04-07, 02:27 AM.

Comment

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/...2000CR&s=honda

videos

Comment

more pictures

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=671238

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=671171
                Last edited by Jingers; 05-04-07, 12:21 AM.

Comment

THIS imo is a proper club racer

Attached Files

Comment

I just had a look at the GT Wing of the CR with the photos Jing provided...it looks like those cheapo after market style wings I always see on HK option Mag...

I still think the Mugen one looks the Best...or C-West

Comment

what a bitter disappointment.

I actually feel physically repulsed by the look of the CR. I don't doubt that dynamically it will be cracking, but you'd think with Honda's resources, they could produce something that's both functional (aero-wise) and also pleasing to anyone with any sense of good taste.

Does their research really tell them that this is what customers want? if so? who did they sample? the 12-17 year olds leaving the cinema after watching the fast and the furious?

At least Honda Japan are still capable of creating credible performance cars worthy of Honda's sporting image. I think the UK and Honda U.S should place their resouces on complying the Japanese cars for their home markets instead of concocting their own cars, those efforts are eroding away the affinity I've had with Honda...

Comment

^^ so true,

It's a bit of a gimmick, seeing how only America is getting it. And it really does look a little tacky, i bet if japan released a "CR" version, they'd do it properly. i.e, pumped guards, wider wheels, different interior etc. Seems like their focusing more on the aesthetics and selling it off as a club racer.

Comment

what a dissapointment....

that s2000 CR makes the car look 'cheap'
                          LONDA

Comment

i agree it looks...crap

but maybe honda us knows what they are doing, and this is the market look US ppl want. their taste doesnt have to be the jdm race prep look.

so in the end maybe honda US believes the look of this car will sell more than the look of a jdm race prep version

Comment

Horrid... Take it away, I never want to see it again.
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                              X