Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**HELP** - Tyre puncture

Hi All,

Looks like a screw has found a home in my rear tyre . Anyone know where is the best price to get this fixed and how much? How much would Bridgestone charge to fix? Surely i dont need a new Tyre!

Regards
    Justin

I've had a few screws in my tyre before (2 infact!) They can fix it by taking off the tyre and putting a patch on the inside, but apparently it effects how fast your able to drive (not sure on though, someone else might be able to clarify this?!?).

I think it usually costs less than $20 if you go to bob jane and places like that!

HIH's

Comment

does it matter if it is within the groove (ie/ within the indented area) right in the center of the tyre??

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Comment

hey man bridgestone at parra charged me $30 to plug mine up..

Comment

was yours in the groove or on the outer tread?

Comment

I've had a few screws in my tyre before (2 infact!) They can fix it by taking off the tyre and putting a patch on the inside, but apparently it effects how fast your able to drive (not sure on though, someone else might be able to clarify this?!?).

I think it usually costs less than $20 if you go to bob jane and places like that!

HIH's

Comment

It shouldn't matter as they patch it up on the inside of the tyre.

Comment

I think mine was on the tread by the way. i.e. not in the groove.

Comment

All sorted fellas. $25 at Bob Jane. Took like 25 mins this mornin!!

Comment

dont think theres any "after effects" of it. i had two previously, and drive spiritedly now

Comment

yeah - i asked the tyre fella and he said that he has never heard of the Tyre losing speed ratings after puncture.

Comment

I was just told that by a mate who had his bike tyre patched. Apparently that's what he was told?! I have no idea?!

Comment

15 bucks at Blair's tyres

Comment

Random question.... Is it safe repairing a semi slick for track use?

Originally posted by ChargeR
                            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
                            X