• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tofu View Post
    that is stunning!
    estimated price?
    Prob be looking at 160k +

Comment

Originally posted by BIZ22Y View Post
      Is it painted CF or just CF? I find it interesting that someone who buys an m3 or m6 would want a CF roof, which is a different colour to the car.
      it is not painted. Wats wrong with a tech that is so high tech that no other ricers could possibly imitate?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
        it is not painted. Wats wrong with a tech that is so high tech that no other ricers could possibly imitate?
        I just find that fascinating. I can see the benefits of having car parts made out of CF - i.e. the lightness and strength of the material. However, I have to say, I would not like my car to have external panels that look CF. And I only drive an s15. If I owned an M class Mercedes I certainly would not want my panels appearing a different colour to the car. To me it just looks cheap and, of course, that is personal opinion - black cars are perhaps the only exception.
        "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

it is a show of technical achivement. I find that it is not overly distractive nor is it cheap. In this case you might also not like the fact M3 csl owners get a cardboard for the trunk, this could be classified as cheap as you put it but maybe M owners crave more then just looks, or maybe M owners do like the showoff aspect of the unfinished carbon.

In anycase if you had enough money i am sure bmw INDIVIDUAL can do somethign about that cf roof for ya

Comment

looks nice... i like the cf roof :P i think is good... but then again everyone to their own! personal preference

Comment

Maybe the CF roof belongs only on the CSL?

The E46 M3 CSL has a CF roof.

I personally don't think it looks all that bad, because I'd have a black one!!
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Very nice... I want one!

Comment

i want a few.. :P
                  g
                  [ BBU66Z ]
                  g
                  Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

i heard the CSL's CF roof is a insurance nightmare cos if a stone crasks it and it needs to be replaced it costs a fortune...

looks very nice though (the roof that is)

but the car as a whole is not entirely to my tastes. i prefer low and wide cars interms of looks. i am sure this will fly though...

Comment

Wow!!
                      I really dont go on the lights of this generation (e46?) i prefered the more square shaped lights....Bonnet looks tough though
                      F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                        i heard the CSL's CF roof is a insurance nightmare cos if a stone crasks it and it needs to be replaced it costs a fortune...
                        Thanks, very interesting.
                        "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

that is so sleek !!! BMW come up wit the shit y0! awesome design..

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
                            Wow!!
                            I really dont go on the lights of this generation (e46?) i prefered the more square shaped lights....Bonnet looks tough though
                            This is an E92....
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                            X