Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you go from Syd to Cairns for a DC2R ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you go from Syd to Cairns for a DC2R ?

Well title speaks for itself. I've found a neat Yellow DC2r 77,000km for 23,000$ most likely negotiable, also its from a dealership. It's stock standard and looks pretty clean from the pics, except its got some gay gearknob. The problem is its over going to be a days (28 hours) of driving with no traffic and no stopping! Lol... If it was in Brisbane i'd be up there straight away but Cairns is a fair hike away... would any of you guys be willing to go for that? Do you guys think its worth it ? or just wait around some more?

I'd fly up and drive it down...but that's if the car was really worth it and in good nick...

You also gotta factor in the costs involved to travel up and down + re-registering the car in NSW etc etc...

After you add it all up, is it worth the $$?

Have a think about it.

Comment

if your deadset serious. call up the owner. try and get a rough price over the phone. ask for a tonne of detailed pics. once u think its worth the trip i reckon fly up. inspect. try to knock price down abit more. then you can either drive or get it transported back down. Cairns to syd is a very very long drive lol

surely there are some dc2r for sale in sydney??
      LONDA

Comment

Yeh I could wait it out a bit more. My friends getting his Astra turbo transported by a sub company of TNT for 460$ from Brisbane to Sydney. It's from a dealership as well, so im expecting the lowest would be 20~21k around that mark. I'm leaving aside 1500 for rego, need to service the car, flight costs for 2 people around 1.2k return. so that would be around 22.5 ~ 24k. Most people would just tell me to get a DC5R :/

There are some dc2rs in syd but overpriced and high kms...
        Last edited by SPL_K; 05-03-07, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Probably best to neg a price over the phone.
          Tell them you don't need rego on it, only a temp rego.
          Fly up inspect and try to haggle more.
          Drive to brisbane.
          Fly back from brisbane and get the R trucked down.
          Or drive from cairns to syd LOL.
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:
          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

First of all, why is the rego $1500?? 3% of car value ($660 base on 21k) + NSW Rego with CTP (around $500) = $1100.

Then, i would rather get it transported. Also, do you plan to buy insurance right on the day of purchase. If not, its too dangerous if anything should happen during the 3 - 5 days drive down.

If you are transporting down, you might be able to skip the fullest service. All you need is to get it checked by a honda expert to depend what needs to be changed. Whereas, if you drive the whole 3000 km down, most likely everything needs to be serviced.

Also, if you drive, by the time it get back to syd, its already a 80000 mileage car, which already helps you to depreciate your car value within 3 days of ownership.

Overall, my suggestion is.....get a DC5R locally. A decent DC2R is rare and in this case, it takes too much effort to get it (while you don't even know how's the mechanic status. A clean car doesn't equal a well taken cared car)
            For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

rego 1500 = green slip, blue slip, pink slip, rego + plates just using 1500 as a safe figure. If i was to buy it i'd probably do a major service to just knowing its done already and out of the way. Hm... costly just for a dc2r...

Comment

You don't need a pink slip when getting blue slip...
                Also don't get plates yet...just register the car first

Also a DC5R won't be as cheap as 25k unless if it's high km's IMHO!

Comment

Hm... well... I'll have to call him and try negotiate over the phone. I'm sure i can get it down a bit more since im paying in cash. I'm getting quotes for transportation from Cairns atm. I'll have to call the guy tomorrow again and negotiate cause today i just called up asking where the shop is. The only things i can think of i can negotiate the price down would be:
                  I'm paying cash
                  Due for service
                  No need for rego
                  Tyres
                  Interior and Exterior condition
                  Can you guys think of any other stuff i could try bargain down on?

Comment

I'd steer well clear of used cars in dealerships, there would be nothing worse than travelling all that way to find out they are trying to cover something up when u inspect it. Just my 2c and i work for a dealership

Comment

i agree with totti.

Comment

There are enough stock DC2R in NSW, you just need to wait longer I'd go all that way for an NSX, but not an Integra.

Comment

i would never buy a 2nd hand car from dealers

it's just so easy to trade in a lemon to the dealers

z10 says:
                          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                          z10 says:
                          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                            i would never buy a 2nd hand car from dealers

it's just so easy to trade in a lemon to the dealers

Comment

rofl... i guess its another long wait :P thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Working...
                              X