new pb at winton raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pb at winton raceway

Just would like to share a personal new best time that I have achieved on winton raceway.

My previous RECORDED best was a 1:39.3 and I had been stuck on this for some time. As I mentioned in an earlier test last year, I had a professional driver drive my car and quite easily pulled 2 seconds of my time in a 4 lap stint that he did with my car.

I had been playing around with different settings all day and just not really getting anywhere until I was looking carefully at the datalogs on the autronic. Its only when I carefully tracked the speeds that I realised that there was also a drop in the pro's revs at the end of the front straight and the back straight leading into the long 2 way drag stretch. The difference was that the pro driver is able to get the car into 4th gear along both stretchs whereas I would only be at the top of 3rd, he carried almost 10kms more for about a total of 1 second more, there were other points also.

So I overlayed our datalogs and split the track into 3 distinct sections and realised where the gains were, this gave me a goal to work for in those sections and by the end of the day, I was able to find one of those lines and accel/brake points. This got me a new best of 1:38.5, thats almost a whole second off my personal best.

Just wanted to share because Im actually very happy! Thanks for reading.

WTF?

almost a whole second! man, that is awesome!

congrats, hard work + perseverence = results!!!
    ... retired/

Comment

(PS - i got a new PB at Oran park yesterday, but it is in a new car, so doesnt really count...)
      ... retired/

Comment

Yeah its amazing Tinker when your able to see the actual limit of the car which i was no where near. The ability of these drivers is astounding how they can link the corners.

The way he taught me for this particular section was to not look at the straight and the corner leading to the straight but the actual 2 corners before and modify the lines for those 2 corners in a way that gave me a much better run in that straight. I found that I was able to get on the gas that split second earlier and that alone gave me 4th gear instead of topping 3rd at the end of the straight.

I cant wait to get out there again. All this talk, makes me want to come to a circuit club track day with you guys!

Congrats on the PB tinker!

Comment

Congrats on the PB

I also set a new PB and i believe a new record at Qld Raceway for an NA road registered teg on the sprint track, 59.4secs. The only other honda i know of quicker is a gex 2 crx driven by a guy who has driven formula 3000 and his best is a 58.3, also important to note his car is much quicker in a straight line than mine.
          NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Congrats, must be a good feeling

/me needs more track experience
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

ahh yess data logs do work

congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by freakie View Post
                Just would like to share a personal new best time that I have achieved on winton raceway.

My previous RECORDED best was a 1:39.3 and I had been stuck on this for some time. As I mentioned in an earlier test last year, I had a professional driver drive my car and quite easily pulled 2 seconds of my time in a 4 lap stint that he did with my car.

I had been playing around with different settings all day and just not really getting anywhere until I was looking carefully at the datalogs on the autronic. Its only when I carefully tracked the speeds that I realised that there was also a drop in the pro's revs at the end of the front straight and the back straight leading into the long 2 way drag stretch. The difference was that the pro driver is able to get the car into 4th gear along both stretchs whereas I would only be at the top of 3rd, he carried almost 10kms more for about a total of 1 second more, there were other points also.

So I overlayed our datalogs and split the track into 3 distinct sections and realised where the gains were, this gave me a goal to work for in those sections and by the end of the day, I was able to find one of those lines and accel/brake points. This got me a new best of 1:38.5, thats almost a whole second off my personal best.

Just wanted to share because Im actually very happy! Thanks for reading.
                Hey Freakie,

Which straights are you talking about that you used third gear in that your instructor used 4th gear? Also which car was this in?

Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Thats what I wanna to know.....I hit 4th easy on Falken Straight and I hit 5th on the V8 pit line side.....unless you said the shell straight and ford credit straight....well I hit 4th on both of them anyway......btw......I dun think any of us meet you...do we??....you should show up on our next meet so we can put some name on faces.....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

this theard is 2 yrs old.......

must be real bored searching the clubitr forum mugsee :P
                    19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by EK4R View Post
                      this theard is 2 yrs old.......

must be real bored searching the clubitr forum mugsee :P
                      It may be 2 years old but its still quite relevant.

freakie's times are nothing short of amazing, and to be able to do it without touching 4th gear down any of the main straights is unreal.

I was just seeing if he was kind enough to elaborate on his gear selection so that maybe some of us could learn how to improve from him.

Oh lastly freakie, I'm hoping your autronic datalogs haven't been accidentally deleted and you'd be able to tell us what speeds you were reaching at the end of falken straight, the main straight and shell straights? Thanks
                      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

2nd that.....
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

awesome time. able to post up the datalog graph if u still have it??
                          www.exe-crew.com

Comment

Working...
                          X