X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R sells for US$34,250

Have a stock DC2R? Keep it!

It is a future classic.

The winning bid for this 2001 USDM DC2R with 54,000 miles was US$34,250.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/200...egra-type-r-2/

ClubITR | Like

and 64k NSX sells for $37k

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-acura-nsx-10/

... retired/

Comment

Thanks for sharing Felix. Interesting to note the price of that 64,000 mile NSX. The ad says it is missing some major service documentation which probably can be attributed to the price.

Market is booming for all types of hero cars with low km's and full documentation. Have you been following Japanese prices of BNR34 GT-R V.Spec II?

The icing on the cake for inflated bubbles right now HAS to be the Porsche 911 GT (2/3/3 RS) prices.

http://www.motormag.com.au/features/...-your-porsche/
      Last edited by chaumeh; 28-04-16, 07:37 PM.
      Skibeemo.com

Comment

DC2R sells for US$34,250

Great to see, unfortunately I don't think the Au market shares the same respect for the best fwd car ever made.
        Considering they sold for around $25k new in the USA, do you think a dc2 could ever sell over original retail here?

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
        using Tapatalk
        Last edited by gunpoons; 28-04-16, 10:00 PM.
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
          Thanks for sharing Felix. Interesting to note the price of that 64,000 mile NSX. The ad says it is missing some major service documentation which probably can be attributed to the price.

Market is booming for all types of hero cars with low km's and full documentation. Have you been following Japanese prices of BNR34 GT-R V.Spec II?

The icing on the cake for inflated bubbles right now HAS to be the Porsche 911 GT (2/3/3 RS) prices.

http://www.motormag.com.au/features/...-your-porsche/
          You must be so happy to see the DC2R selling for that much. Think how much your car would be worth in the future! Clean stock CW DC2R is going to fetch a premium.

The old school Porsche's have especially increased its value as of late. More than doubled its value in the past few years?

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          Great to see, unfortunately I don't think the Au market shares the same respect for the best fwd car ever made.
          Considering they sold for around $25k new in the USA, do you think a dc2 could ever sell over original retail here?

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
          using Tapatalk
          I think its a possibility. Chaumeh's DC2R has that potential to sell for that much if he ever decides to sell it that is. Which he shouldn't, haha.

Also considering the AUDM DC2R came in actual full Type R trim, they should be worth more than the USDM ones which didn't come with all the goodies such as the Recaro's, etc.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            Also considering the AUDM DC2R came in actual full Type R trim, they should be worth more than the USDM ones which didn't come with all the goodies such as the Recaro's, etc.
            I don't really see that the AU 'market' for collectable machinery (particularly things that are not Australian, British or USA built) is hardly as active as the US one...
            ... retired/

Comment

You must be so happy to see the DC2R selling for that much. Think how much your car would be worth in the future! Clean stock CW DC2R is going to fetch a premium.
              It's nice to know that clean stock DC2R's are appreciating. What I really love about the car is that it continues to inspire new people/owners to the car. The DC2R's production ended almost 16 years ago but it still receives accolades and gets mentioned in today's automotive media. I always buy a motoring magazine if there is a mention of the DC2R and it happens more often than you'd think (EVO Malaysia #116-Top 20 cars EVO has tested, MOTOR Magazine June 2014-60 Greatest Performance Cars Ever-DC2R number 27, etc etc).

I think its a possibility. Chaumeh's DC2R has that potential to sell for that much if he ever decides to sell it that is. Which he shouldn't, haha.
              Thanks for the kind words Peter. I don't have intentions of selling but market value does help with agreed insurance values!

The US auctioned car sold for $34,000 USD and the sticker price brand new in 2001 in the US was ~$25,000 USD so approximately a ~73.52% capital gain.

For the auction results to replicate in an Australian market context, the auctioned car would've need to have sold here for ~$69,000 AUD (sticker price brand new in AUS was ~$40,000 AUD). I doubt that even with time, someone would pay that much for a DC2R in Australia. Adding in the new rolling 25 year old import rule due to be implemented in 2018, the Australian market will get access to the 98 spec JDM DC2R by 2022. Not sure if this will be a blessing or curse to DC2R values by then but it's definitely another external factor to consider in the DC2R's valuation.
              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Great point guys, now that you've mentioned that it would be unrealistic for a DC2R to appreciate to that level in AUS.

It would be nice to have a JDM spec DC2R of my own by 2022, haha.
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                X