Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Headers. Is it worth it?

Hi guys,

not after these Headers or anything but I am very interested in your opinions on them.

A few questions I have for the experts.

Are they any good?
    Are they worth buying?
    What are your experiences with them? Etc..

I see a lot of people selling/distributing them now days and sometimes, it just sounds like some people
    are trying to make a quick buck off you.

Opinions?
    Last edited by ghuynh93; 24-11-15, 11:11 AM.

They were regarded as one of the best bang for buck header in the market. Able to produce some pretty good results for the price. The header though comes in pieces and is put together via slip joints so there is a chance of exhaust leaks happening which can be a pain in the ass, if this happens you may have to weld the joints together.

If it were me, I'd save up for a quality one piece header instead. And I'd only get a header if I was planning on tuning the car.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I believe PLM headers are a replica of the USA brand KiddRacing. http://kiddracingheaders.com/

I'm running a set at the moment on my DC5. The slip on design is a major flaw, as mine have come loose with a noticeable drop in fuel economy as a result. Not to mention the smell! However, I don't believe you need to weld the slip joints back together as a simple tightening of the bolt and nut clamps fixes it back up. (Until your engine mounts wiggle them loose again)

Do agree they are cheap bang for buck. And they were very simple to modify because of the slip joints, catering for people who want to fit a K24 suitable header in their EP3/JDM DC5.

Comment

private label toda reps are like 1.2k cheaper then the real deal , although in the odd chance of it cracking leaking or w/e in the end they do the job for a lot less haha.

Comment

Not all PLM headers are 2 piece/have slip joints.. the Toda replica is one piece

Comment

Working...
          X