Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Extinguisher

$20 on sale at Repco!

how strong is that latch... i know SCA had a similar sale quote often, but i returned it as the altch felt cheap as. like it was made from cardbaord.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

The latch closes okay, but not like a "snap" close. When it opens its like a "snap"

It probably doesn't even need the latch. The top part holds the extinguisher pretty good.

Comment

I agree, the top part of the extinguisher secures it enough. Nick has one inside his car and it doesn't slide around even with the latch open.
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

If you're looking for a mounting spot I mounted mine on the passenger seat. Used a piece of metal and drilled out two holes that would mount on the seat bolting part. Used original bolts and holds it firm! Although you can't move the passenger seat without taking it out haha

Comment

ahh yeh didnt notice dat
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

What if you want to slide the seat back wouldn't it hit the extinguisher ? I think it would

Comment

It does hit it... The seat is slid all the way back. It's just if you want to move it forwards you have to take the extinguisher off of its mount.

Comment

Might have to install it in the passenger footwell somewhere. I need to be able to slide the seat.

Comment

What car are you mounting this in sikboy?
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

I'll swing by my local Repco and grab one while I'm out this morning. Where are the best mounting points in a DC5R?

Comment

I have a small one under my front passenger seat for the EP3. Sits under my recaros well and i can still slide my seats forward.

Mine you, my extinguisher is half that size and doesn't have a strong mount like that.

This is what I have. It's tiny compare to the 1kg ones and will probably do nothing lol.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...ecommendations
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          What car are you mounting this in sikboy?
                          Dc5

Comment

to those saying "it is securely held by the bit at the top" - you are dreaming - in a crash that extinguisher will go flying...
                            ... retired/

Comment

At Aldi the extinguisher is $15

Comment

Working...
                              X