Why Honda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Honda?

I dont do much these days so i just spend majority of each day staring at the wall. Today i decided to sit and stare and think why I love the honda brand? My current two cars are Hondas. Even though I have the capacity to own more lavish and powerful cars why honda?

My first honda was the dc5 and i basically bought it because sugi said why not an integra type s and i remembered i played with one in need for speed and thought they were kinda cool.

My S2000 was because i wanted something 2door/manual/rwd and most importantly a car that taught me how to drive.

The Jazz was purchased as i wanted a car to fill the practicality void that the S2000 left where there was no space. That and I wanted a really fuel efficient car.

Kinda wierd how my criteria wasnt honda specific but i just ended up owning hondas.

The thing i love about hondas is their spec sheet isnt impressive at all. But when setup they are incredibily joyful, fulfilling, and quick race cars. I love all the racing spirit and race r&d honda put into their cars. Sure with a gtr its quick because its a straight six engine with a couple of turbos and an awd system. But the hondas are just smarter!

So why honda guys?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

For me, I think it's the right balance of fun and practicality. In terms of my dc5, it has sporty looks, decent specs for a n/a car and of course vtec However, the boot space is huge (i can literally lay down flat and sleep in the boot with the seats down), it's ok on fuel and quite driver-friendly. I made the switch from a Daihatsu Terios and was surprised at how easy the dc5r is to drive (in my opinion anyway).

I originally wanted a s15 silvia, so I also think it's kinda weird how my criteria wasn't based on hondas, yet here I am.....

Comment

Honest answer is when I first bought mine it was cheap to insure, lightweight, uncomplicated, semi-practical and reliable. Honda also had a certain prestige when I grew up so that was always a factor.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Why Honda?

well it's a long story really, considering my love for Honda started in the early 90's
        Growing up my parents both had a love for F1 racing, and as we know in the late 80's early 90's Honda and Senna were at the top of there powers.
        In 93 my dad, a plumber, did a heap of work including a new house for the owner of the local Honda dealership, so they did a bit of bartering and dad picked up a new '93 si eg sedan
        It became the car I learnt to
        drive in, and the car I got my P's in.
        My parents went on to buy a 97 ek vti, an 02 dc5 special edition and an 06 euro luxury.
        Myself, well my first car, bought in 98 was an 82 accord sedan, followed by an 92 si eg, 98 ek4, 04 dc5r, 10 crv and finally quite possibly the last Honda I'll ever buy, but the one I've wanted for the longest, my 02 S2000.
        So why did I fall for Hondas? well I've always like to be a bit different, and growing up in a small country town, Hondas weren't very common, in my youth they were seen as a sort of prestige car, from a company with a rich racing heritage, so all that, and I just like revving the tits out of em

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
        using Tapatalk
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Oh, and my first car, my 82 accord, copped an absolute pizzling, I thought I was Colin McCray back in the day, actually did huge burn outs in it, reverse doughy's and cooked it numerous times, my mates were allways so shocked the little fucker just kept on going… such a great car…

using Tapatalk
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

^i think you and Cambo may have possessed most of the Honda's in the New England region collectively!

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

I lucked in to Hondas through my first car, the DC5R as my family has always had Hondas and the local dealer is a family friend. The car has treated me pretty well, and I appreciate the simple and robust way these cars are put together (at least for the DC5/S2000 generation and earlier). With the workshop manual and the right approach the majority of mechanical work can be done DIY. Can't afford anything faster either.

Comment

Because they're reliable, fun, rewarding cars to drive. I also appreciate how they are able to engineer cars that can hold their own despite not using modern day cheater spec driving aids while providing this at an affordable price point, well at least for the older generation Honda's anyway.
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                  ^i think you and Cambo may have possessed most of the Honda's in the New England region collectively!
                  Funny thing is, around 2004-5, long before I knew of Clubitr, I used to travel to Tamworth for Tafe every 3 weeks, I used to check out Cams Dc2 all the time, and he used to give me waves when we'd pass each other slapping Peely's.

I can't however see myself ever buying a newish Honda again, I would love to get my hands on a dc2 and an s600/800 though

using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                    Funny thing is, around 2004-5, long before I knew of Clubitr, I used to travel to Tamworth for Tafe every 3 weeks, I used to check out Cams Dc2 all the time, and he used to give me waves when we'd pass each other slapping Peely's.

I can't however see myself ever buying a newish Honda again, I would love to get my hands on a dc2 and an s600/800 though
                    It's funny I remember the same thing, never made the connection until much later.

I think my real passion for Honda began in the 90's in high school, my uncle had the NSX and he took me for a drive in it when I was 16 and on my L's. I was blown away, I couldn't believe the performance (here was me thinking that V8 commodores were the coolest thing ever).

I was in Year 11 in 1998 and the S2000 was late in concept stages and a friend of mine and I used to dream of having one someday.

When it came time for me to buy my first decent car, I thought of a few cars but kept coming back to a Civic, because it made sense from a price, performance, reliability and economy point of view. So I ended up with an EG Civic VTi hatch. I loved that car!

Then a couple of years later after pining over DC2 Type R's I was in a position to buy one, the car I ended up with was a black unmodified car with only 6,000kms. I owned it for 8 years and it had over 170,000km when it finally got run into by someone not giving way on a roundabout. I'd probably still have that car today.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                    X