X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance company choice for EP3

Hi All,

I have just bought a 2002 EP3 Honda Civic Type R

The painful reality just hit me when i tried to insure it, I have been with AAMI for about 10 years
    and they flat out refuse to insure it due to it being imported, so who to use?

Just Car ? (read some really bad reviews of people frying to claim)
    Shannons ?
    Anyone else?

If the insurance is way too high I will only keep it for a year then sell and get something else, I currently pay $650 for my DC2R
    and there's no way I want to keep paying if it's over $1000

Cheers

Chris

Give Shannons are try.

AAMI will never insure it as their sister companies can do it so they will just palm it off to Just Car and Shannons.

Unfortunately, I am under 25 and pay $1.2k with Just Car every year. My Quote with Shannons was around $1.6k due to my age. From memory, NRMA was $1.8k under my parent's name.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

My brother and I were both in the same situation as you. He drives a Ep3 and tried to insure it with his name ( p plater) and my dads name and it was $1400 for full comprehensive with RACQ(QLD). I drive a DC5r and they didn't want to insure us with the mods. So i did a little bit of research and found Just Cars seems to be the cheapest way to go. I'm also a p plater so i just insured it with my dads name and its only around $800/year with full mods listed

Comment

Currently with NRMA

04 Model, under my Parents name paying only 1.3k full comprehensive with glass protection and Free road side assist.

next year will get it insured under my name, was quoted by NRMA 1.5k with the same thing

only reason im with NRMA, Service and overall Claim period to get everything resolved is so much quicker then most insurance companies.

Comment

I am 47 so really, it should be cheaper considering have never had an at fault claim in last 7 years, so far online it looks like Just Car can do the cheapest with an $1125 excess, but if I feel like it unlimited mods.

Comment

The ONLY good thing about getting old is the insurance premiums come down.. have been with Shannons for years and years and an insurance company is only as good as when it is time to make a claim. I know premiums are high when you are under 25 but there is no point saving some money on the premium to have big troubles when it's time to make a CLAIM. Your Choice of repairer (not just cheapest quote), coverage of (legal) modifications and aftermarkets parts (when listed on policy), Coverage on way to and from (and even IN) certain motorsport events, first option to buy-back write-off etc. We have all 3 modified Hondas with them and 2 of them are Imports - thoroughly recommend !
            Gaijin-Garage.com 外人 ガレージ SPOON SPORTS AUTHORISED DEALER

Comment

My first quote with Shannons is $971, so thats $100 more than Just Car, but that adds up a lot each year, at least $300 more than I currently pay, but the general thing seems to be people get a better deal out of Shannons, might go with Just Car for the first year and then see but still researching, have to be insured for tomorrow. Thanks for replying everyone, it's good to see peoples experiences.

Comment

for younger guys look at nrma again,their quotes are much cheaper now. my dc5 is 850 with them , i'm 24

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

I with Enthusiast underwriting, agreed value 20k. Insured under my name, aged 24. Around $750 annually if you drive <5000kms.

Comment

Originally posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
                    My first quote with Shannons is $971, so thats $100 more than Just Car,
                    if you ever have to claim, that $100pa is worth it....
                    ... retired/

Comment

I have been looking around online and both Just Car and Shannons have customers complaining that claiming is a massive hassle, thats why I am annoyed that AAMI won't cover the car, there's a user on Ozhonda with his EP3 with AAMI, can't understand this unless they changed their rules in the last couple of years, or maybe it's because mine is currently unregistered until tomorrow. Just Car won't insure it until it's either got an unregistered vehicle permit, or is registered. AAMI want over $850 just for the greenslip as it doesnt have comprehensive insurance, so its a big circle of cost right now so hope the car is actually worth it, I say this as I have never driven one! I sat in a few around Sydney but found this one online and got a pre-inspection company to go look it over. I couldn't find a DC5R cheap enough or with low klms (My DC2R has 145000)

Comment

Don't forget the ep3 is a a grey import so getting it insured costs a little bit more then getting a domestic car insured.

Comment

Working...
                        X