No announcement yet.

Agreed Value - Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm, that's one thing i didn't factor in at all. thanks for the heads up Setanta

Comment

Sorry to relive an old post everyone, managed to insure the DC2R with famous car insurance, as i don't drive it much and they were by far the cheapest at $570 per year, plus agreed on a good value for the car, although they are not as sort out as most insurance companies in regards to car hire, and all the other extra's they were still far better in price thats for sure....just thought i'd let everyone know and thank everyone for the heads up to find this place...

cheers.

Comment

I'll look into Famous for the Jazz! - THanks.

I just renewed insurance for the S2000

$16k agreed value
        max excess
        private use
        2 policyholders over 25
        add windscreen option
        $1065 p.a.

I also discovered a new trick. Do the quote. Leave for a few days, aami will send you an email to touch base and give you a $50 voucher. so it was really $1015 p.a. for me. One trick is to also start a new policy each time. Loyalty means shit the last few years.

Example is my renewal came in from Aami, I think agreed value was around $10k or less, everything I mentioned above and premium was $850ish.... As I have done heaps to my car this year, I wanted to bump up the value somewhat.....
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Famous is real good!
          Even provide track insurance upto 10k..
          Definetly look into them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah def famous......tried pretty much every other car insurer out there!!!

Comment

This was my experience in Nov 2014 when I bought my DC2R.... Got so many quotes and the best I could go with was Just Car $12,500 agreed value for $1100. (car had a few mods and 110,000 km, also I was 23). P.S. I renewed it this year for $1060 for the same agreed value.

Others were:
              GIO - Would not insure me.
              NRMA - $1194 for max agreed value of $7540.
              AAMI - $1220 for max agreed value of $9438.
              Allianz - Would not insure me.
              Progressive Online - $700 for max agreed value of $6560
              QBE - Would not insure me.
              Shannons - Would not insure me.
              Youi - $759 for market value (cannot remember exact price).

I think the trouble is most people/companies have no idea what the car is and what it should be worth. As in it is listed as a performance car so they charge a lot for people under 25 but they don't take that into consideration when deciding the market/agreed price cap. Some people would have a $10,000+ fully built TODA engine and who would insure them?
              Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Are they good when it comes to claims though? I know some companies are notorious for doing all they can not to pay out in a timely manner.
                1988 CRX
                1999 Integra Type R
                2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Sorry cannot help you there I have not made a claim yet.
                  Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Has anyone made any claims with Lumleys or Enthusiast Underwriters for their modified cars?

Comment

Agreed Value - Insurance

My quote from Just Car for my DC2R at an agreed value of only $5,330 was $1004 per annum...

Shannon's wanted $3.3k per annum for an agreed value of $16k.

I'm 22, have no finance on the car, no claims in past 5 years and no speeding offences.

How'd you get $12.5k agreed value with Just Car?

Comment

Try asking JustCar for the highest agreed value. For me that moved it up from $6k to $12.5k for only roughly $100 a year more I think.
                        Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Working...
                        X