Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen Aero S lip kit - Questions (DC5S)

Been going around in circles for hours now haha

Is it correct that the lip kit goes over the oem, how exactly does it do so? (screws/adhesive)
    Obviously the genuine one is hella expensive, only place i can seem to find it is King Motorsports which averages about $700US a piece(without shipping lol), whereas replica's are 1/10th the cost.
    Would you guys recommend i dole out the cash for the genuine, is there something i should avoid when buying a non genuine (material or otherwise)

Thanks a ton!
    Lee

p.s. any recommendations on where i would be able to purchase a genuine kit as cheap as possible would be greatly appreciated

Go for Genuine every time. Its expensive for a reason.

- it bolts up perfectly, no issues with fitter sanding, and reshaping
    - All correct bolts/screws/sealing tape

I hate on replica kits where there is no tape where the Mugen bits meet up with the oem parts. It looks so cheap, and incomplete.

Replicas I do not think are 1/10th the cost. I think from average they are around only 1/3rd the price of genuine. Then add a bit on top to get it to fit proeprly, so really its only around half price of the real thing.

I was also in this position as I broke a genuine front lip on my DC5, and I went the genuine option for round 2. No issues with refitting etc.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

With the price of a DC5 dropping quite low now, justifying the cost of a genuine kit is obviously getting harder and harder.
      Simply put, are you prepared to have a kit that takes a bit of work to fit, and maybe not look 100%? Genuine will always be best but you also need to work within your own budget, keep in mind 90% of the guys running the mugen kit in the states are running reps.
      I'd get some concrete prices including shipping(it will be a big factor) and possibly import duty, on both gen and rep, I think it will help you decide.
      For genuine maybe contact Jesse Streeter, RHDJapan, Perfectrun, jdm yard

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
      using Tapatalk
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Definitely go for genuine every time. The Mugen lip kit itself is actually cheaper than most people think... The only factor which makes it expensive is shipping it here!

Jesse Streeter will probably be the best, and cheapest option for you.
        Shak's S2000

Comment

shipping is the killer as Shak said. i am surprised big importers in the states havent just bought massive bulk of the mugne kits and resold... the replicas are so common over there
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            shipping is the killer as Shak said. i am surprised big importers in the states havent just bought massive bulk of the mugne kits and resold... the replicas are so common over there
            i havent even fitted your lips yet
            alex..how big is the box that it comes in? gna see how much it cost against my rates i have at work haha
            Last edited by JupiteR; 07-01-15, 03:05 PM.
            AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

haha. ur one is easy, its the smallest part to plastic weld and refit!!!!!

Its a pretty big box man. What rates do u get at work? hook us up
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Haha, i don't need much convincing to go the genuine option, I'm a severe perfectionist and definitely wouldn't go replica on anything that affects performance or safety.
                Somewhere deep down i was hoping the replica's fit perfectly and going genuine had no benefits over the reps, but of course that rarely happens.

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Comment

Estimated cost from KING MOTORSPORTS

Total Order Amount: $5,382.73
                  Shipping cost is $3,286.73

-_-

Comment

Originally posted by Nylate View Post
                    Estimated cost from KING MOTORSPORTS

Total Order Amount:$5,382.73
                    Shipping cost is $3,286.73

-_-
                    Is that drop shipped straight from Japan? Or via the USA? Either way it is hella expensive

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                    using Tapatalk
                    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Here's a start: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...-dc5r-part-out

Personally no experience with fitment of these things, I've never bought an aero/body part of any kind. My experience with other Mugen parts suggests that the genuine lip kit will fit like OEM though. Replicas probably not.

Comment

holly momma 3.2k for freight?
                        whats the box size?
                        anyone got? lol...........alex you should have it-.-!
                        i do some logistics at work aswell and have dhl rates...............BUT sometimes still turn out hella expensive
                        but still worth a try haha
                        AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

I paid alot for postage too. So i kept the box and stuck it to my garGe wall so when i open my car door i will never scratch the paint etc
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

assuming box size is 250 x 80 x 80cm
                            approx $2800 freight from Japan to Aus

Comment

Sounds like flying there and taking it back as large items might be easier haha

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                              X