What Brake fluids do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Brake fluids do you use?

As post says what brake fluid do you use and what is your opinion on them? I'm currently looking at ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluids, anyone used these?

RBF600 like many others, can't really fault it.
    Really good for what it's worth but i know others use other brake fluids.

Comment

LiteX, what are you primarily using the car for and also how often is it driven? I there a problem with OEM Honda brake fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        LiteX, what are you primarily using the car for and also how often is it driven? I there a problem with OEM Honda brake fluid?
        Mainly street but planning to track the car soon. I mean, money is not really a problem since they are around $20-$50?

Comment

I use the Super Blue Racing fluid and I can't fault it, being it a blue coloured fluid, it makes flushing out the fluid much easier with the the ATE type 200 which is essentially the same stuff but Yellow instead. From memory it has a great wet boiling point and very decent dry boiling point in comparison to the other fluids. Autosphere sells the ATE stuff for a very good price.

At the track my brakes remained very consistent and my S2000 is still running OEM rotors and OEM calipers with HC+ pads. Going off tangent a bit here but good brake fluid and good brake pads is all you really need, haha.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            I use the Super Blue Racing fluid and I can't fault it, being it a blue coloured fluid, it makes flushing out the fluid much easier with the the ATE type 200 which is essentially the same stuff but Yellow instead. From memory it has a great wet boiling point and very decent dry boiling point in comparison to the other fluids. Autosphere sells the ATE stuff for a very good price.

At the track my brakes remained very consistent and my S2000 is still running OEM rotors and OEM calipers with HC+ pads. Going off tangent a bit here but good brake fluid and good brake pads is all you really need, haha.
            I like that, thanks for the info man.

Comment

Agreed with good fkuid abd pads is akk u need. I be ysing the sane. Was using rbf600 for kasr few years. Never boiked it. Just out in ate and got a track day soon. Autosphere sells ate for like 60% cheaper than what u get rbf600 for!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

^^^
                Is your 'L' button broken? :P

I cycle between ate super blue and ate type 200 as the yellow to blue bleed is very easy. Both have similar characteristics and never boiled either.
                Both are $31.50 from autosphere

Comment

Thanks for the props guys!

I'm using it too (cycling between ATE Blue and ATE Type 200 like Todd) and am completely happy with it. Let me know if you've got any specific questions.

http://www.autosphere.com.au/p/69811...ake-fluid.html
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Testing out ATE for jdmYARD's tack day on the 19th! thanks again michael!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Another past RBF600 user, but have been using the ATE stuff for a while now with no issues. Only in my slow cars like the Civic and the Micra though, but I'll be trying it in the CR-X as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X