Shak's S2000

Comment

I love staring at Nob

such Charisma
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Went to get my car aligned after changing ride height, but to my surprise didn't really need one.

Just letting the S2000 guys know changing ride height by 5mm or so doesn't drastically affect the alignment that much.

Raised the front end up by a few MM for more guard and front bumper clearance the alignment changed slightly. Raising the car up will yield less negative camber and will toe it in a bit but that's it.

Did not change anything in the rear so I wouldn't know how height changes affect the alignment.

I know some cars especially the DC5/EP3 with the Macpherson struts, the toe can really go out of whack after a slight height adjustment.
          Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 24-01-15, 10:37 AM.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

makes sense i guess regarding us having independent arms etc
            im always fiddling around with the height (and not getting alignments) so good to know its not affecting it too much

Comment

also thanks to alex i have a JDM rear bar now

Comment

A relatively new youtube video for the S2000 guys and gals, wheeler dealers restore an S2000. Notsureifsrs about the old owner buying back his own car but nevertheless still an interesting watch, haha.

Comment

i dont understand how the car gets put up for 6500 but then when 6750 is offered the guy says no i need 7000 hahaha
                  good watch though. i like restorations

Comment

a few things i didnt understand.

1. the motor stalled when he stopped at a slow speed? sounds like motor is super dodgy to me. I don't think simply replacing replacing the vtec solenoid gasket wouldn't fix a near dead motor like that.

2. buying the s2k for 3k then reselling for 7k... to the same previous owner lol. come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

id say there was some more fixes done to the car that werent documented.
                      also id say the original owner just got these guys to fix the car and everything else was just put on for this 'show' maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                        id say there was some more fixes done to the car that werent documented.
                        also id say the original owner just got these guys to fix the car and everything else was just put on for this 'show' maybe?
                        Most likely yeah. haha.

Comment

Just incase you guys haven't seen, there's this awesome channel on Youtbe called Speed Academy. They love time attack and building cars.

They have a series of videos of them buying the worst S2000 in the world and turning it into a very capable track car. One of my favourite channels on Youtube right now.

Comment

yeah, that was a great series to watch!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Subscribed!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Speed academy seriously has to be one of the best channels on YouTube at the moment. Crazy how little followers they have though. Itbs and stuff this year will be cool to watch

Comment

Working...
                                X