Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy club RSD vs BC ER series for DC5R Street and Track

As the title states.
    I have exhausted the internet forums on both, none really out there for the ER vs RSD. i see that overall, people are happy with the RSD more so than the buddyclub N+ which makes me want the RSD. scared to get the n+ and regret it..

i am currently on koni yellow shocks. not happy at all, custom springs made from all springs liverpool.

the car will be a daily that i can track as often as i can afford. (maybe once a month or more, not sure of costs as i have never been before) .

anybody owned both or been in both and have any input ??

thank you

For the money you are looking to spend, along with hiw regularly you are planning to track, we would recommend Shockworks or if you can stretch the budget, some KW V3

The valving in both of these coilovers really puts them above and beyond just about all other sub $3000 coilovers.
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

RSD rears will be fcuked on street driving, epeically on parramatta rd.

BC coilvoers are rubbish overall though.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        RSD rears will be fcuked on street driving, epeically on parramatta rd.

BC coilvoers are rubbish overall though.
        do you mean rear bushes Alex?
        Like so many of us have destroyed in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
          do you mean rear bushes Alex?
          Like so many of us have destroyed in the past
          Must just Sydney roads , my rear bushes in the RSD was fine! Although, my car did come from Sydney with RSD's ... hmm ...

Also agree with BC's being crap! I've had both RSD and BC BR. RSD's was way better than BC BR's. But no idea about ER. If I was in your shoes, I'd take the RSD's.

Comment

Would go back to rsd if someone buymy bc
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              Would go back to rsd if someone buymy bc
              Me too!

I regret selling my RSDs

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                For the money you are looking to spend, along with hiw regularly you are planning to track, we would recommend Shockworks or if you can stretch the budget, some KW V3

The valving in both of these coilovers really puts them above and beyond just about all other sub $3000 coilovers.

how much do the kw v3 go for ?

Comment

if the rear bushes in the rsd do happen to get stuffed, is there an option or ability to change them down the line to something better that can withstand the punishment ?

you confused me plaything. First you said something about the RSD will be stuffed on street driving but then you want another set ? why so ?

Comment

I got bc er in my dc5.
                    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                      I got bc er in my dc5.
                      and... any good ? any input or comparison to other coilovers you have used ?

any input is appreciated.

If having to save up more and purchase better coilovers for my application i will do that by looking into it.

Comment

If you arnt happy with the koni yellows, you are going to have to find some pretty high end shocks to beat them.

Comment

Tracking about once a month is going to add up. It costs me about $500 for a track day. That's including 2 tanks of petty, oil and filter change, pads, tires and track fees.

Comment

WOWWW pricy. either way, track days will be done, if 500 a track day maybe not monthly, but as regular as possible.
                            The shocks are alright i guess, maybe its the springs bringing down the set up, either way, im not in the market for shocks, in the market for coilovers, i can just feel way too much body roll on the slightest turns, and frustrates me..

Comment

Working...
                            X