Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Coilovers? DC5S

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy coilovers soon but unsure which brand/setup to choose.
    Looking for one that is suited for daily driving and lowering (unlikely to ever track, just street driving)

BC BR/V1?
    Silver Neo?
    TEIN?

Or would it just be better to go shocks/springs?
    Last edited by Type-D; 02-11-14, 09:47 PM.

I got Tein Advance street, when I set my damper to half way (I think it was about 14/28 clicks) its still softer than stock. I changed it to about 22/28 and its about the same as stock stiffness. Personally I think these ones are perfect for street if you just want a good drop and improvement on handling.
    Last edited by LiteX; 02-11-14, 08:38 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, BC BR are the best bang for buck on the market at the moment - they have good warranty support too and are in the price range of Silvers Neomax, entry level Teins and are significantly better than V1s. I've heard good things about DGR too.

Comment

Buddyclub N+ Coils are great on DC5
        sigpic

Comment

What is your budget?

KW V1 or Koni Yellow/Eibach spring + shock combo would be our recommendation if you are looking to lower the car without sacrificing ride quality
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

I recently installed a set of Silvers Neomax R (spring rates F8kg/R10kg) to my DC5S, by far the best value for money coilover for the DC5 in my opinion. In comparison to the very popular BC BR's, ride/damping quality is much better. With the right alignment and set up the car now feels amazing to drive. They are priced around the $1400 mark brand new and I would highly recommend them.

By the way, I am probably selling my set in a month as I am selling my DC5S, I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will be considering these options when buying!

Comment

Or even just Eibach Springs would do if you just want to drop your car a little, saves you a lot of headache and great value for money.

Comment

Working...
                X