Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mishimoto Rad Fitment + Futture plans

Hey Guys,

Have a DC5R and im looking to get the Mishimoto radiator with new hoses as an upgrade from OEM. Just have a few questions in regards to fitting it as I really haven't been able to find much in a search

1. Do you have to remove the front bar to install the radiator? I would rather not if I don't have to
    2. Can you use the OEM fans with the radiator?
    3. Is it a direct fitment? has anyone had issues fitting it?
    4. Anything I need to know before installing it.

Also, im a little stumped as to what il be doing in the future in regards to mods. Here is a list of what is already done:

InJen Intake
    Toda Headers
    3in K-Tuned exhaust
    K-Pro Ecu and tune
    TEIN HA coilovers
    Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch
    Lightend Flywheel
    EP3 Sway Bar
    Hard Race Engine Mounts

Could you possibly offer any advice as to what I should focus on next? Still want to do more!

Appreciate any advice.

What do you want to do with the car? Why are you interested in an aftermarket radiator?

Comment

Not looking to track the car but I am taking it on power cruises etc and street use. Im interested in replacing because it is a great upgrade from OEM as well as new hoses will ensure reliability. Also with it hitting 140 000km, I would rather replace the oem rad then wait for it to fail. Mishimoto comes with lifetime warranty and well as better cooling efficiency.

Comment

Are you looking at getting new OEM hoses or aftermarket? Aftermarket silicon hoses will never be as reliable as a quality OEM rubber hose. Also IMO it's extremely unlikely that the Mishimoto radiator will last as long as an OEM item. What you're considering is a lot of expense, for no real gain (for your use) with a greater chance of component failure.
        Last edited by ChargeR; 22-07-14, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzay View Post
          Hey Guys,

Have a DC5R and im looking to get the Mishimoto radiator with new hoses as an upgrade from OEM. Just have a few questions in regards to fitting it as I really haven't been able to find much in a search

1. Do you have to remove the front bar to install the radiator? I would rather not if I don't have to
          2. Can you use the OEM fans with the radiator?
          3. Is it a direct fitment? has anyone had issues fitting it?
          4. Anything I need to know before installing it.

Also, im a little stumped as to what il be doing in the future in regards to mods. Here is a list of what is already done:

InJen Intake
          Toda Headers
          3in K-Tuned exhaust
          K-Pro Ecu and tune
          TEIN HA coilovers
          Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch
          Lightend Flywheel
          EP3 Sway Bar
          Hard Race Engine Mounts

Could you possibly offer any advice as to what I should focus on next? Still want to do more!

Appreciate any advice.
          1:Yes, makes things a lot easier to access.
          2: Yes
          3: Yes, perfect fitment
          4: Yes, how to install a radiator.. Not, really! If you are not confident in doing it yourself, dont even try.
          Also you will want to replace any hose clamps with news ones to ensure no leaks.

Will you be using the oem fan switch and thermo?
          Even though you should already know you can adjust fans in Kmanager.

As for your last question, "what should i do next", it's your car, do what ever you want.

Hope this helps

Comment

Replaced my OEM radiator with a mishimoto one 2 weeks ago. Good upgrade even better with the lifetime warranty haha
            With fitting it, taking the front bumper off will make life much easier for you since it allows you more space and vision of where everything is. But if you don't want to take it out, I'm sure you can just remove the top radiator support and that should allow u to remove the radiator.

It was a direct fit into the car! Everything bolted up just fine with the stock fans and switch. Hardly any issues with the fitment!

Comment

Working...
            X