• Show
Clear All

Happy Bathurst 1000 day
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      Happy Bathurst 1000 day
      Beer o'clock @ 10:30 am, love it!!
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Mazda rx7 Spirt r type a or type b what's the difference which is better , there's 2 for sale on carsales the type b is cheaper by like 14k almost

Comment

TGIF!

Type A is the one with the red bucket seat Recaros as standard and has no rear seats which is replaced with extra storage compartments, type B is either the one that is automatic or just the same as the type A excluding the red Recaros and has rear seats.

If it were me out of the spirit R's I'd get the Type A as it's slightly more track focused, less weight due to the lack of rear seats and front bucket seats.

But if I was actually in the market for an FD i wouldn't even get a Spirit R to be honest as it's too pricey, rather just get an RS or similar and modify the crap out of it for reliability at the track.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            TGIF!

Type A is the one with the red bucket seat Recaros as standard and has no rear seats which is replaced with extra storage compartments, type B is either the one that is automatic or just the same as the type A excluding the red Recaros and has rear seats.

If it were me out of the spirit R's I'd get the Type A as it's slightly more track focused, less weight due to the lack of rear seats and front bucket seats.

But if I was actually in the market for an FD i wouldn't even get a Spirit R to be honest as it's too pricey, rather just get an RS or similar and modify the crap out of it for reliability at the track.
            Hmmm maybe I should stick to 06 sti [emoji7]

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              TGIF!

Type C is the automatic version which is detuned massively. IMO the Type C is a waste of money.

I am looking to buy either a Type A Spirit R or an RZ. Which ever one I can find for good value and most importantly condition I will buy. I have to say you are wrong with your post saying the Type A are too expensive. Looking at the market ATM, It is flooded with the base model RB. There are a few RS which may have the twin oil coolers and higher engine HP, however it is missing the BBS wheels, Recaro carbon kevlar seats, and interior goodies etc, and most importantly the rarity that is a Spirit R, RZ, and even the Bathurt R Type R. Now when you look at their prices, RS are going for around the $22-$26k mark, whereas the RZ/Spirit R's either go for a fair price of around $28-$33k, or stupid prices of $45k+. People are not stupid to pay $45k prices for any RX7 unless it is an SP, and if you get it for the $28-$33k mark, it is only marginally more expensive than an RS which I am sure will provide you much higher and rewarding driving pleasure, resale value, and rarity.

Regarding Type A/B, Really the only difference is the Recaro buckets and rear storage bins versus 2+2 red (I think) leather seats. THe back seat is useless so its futile going for 2+2, and the Recaros are just WIN and IMO and perception I know its cheaper going Type B, and saving potentially $14k in your example, and getting your own bucket seats... Having said that Type B usually go for same price as Type A, so unsure why this one is seriously $14k cheaper?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Ibby I just had a look on carsales at the RX-7's on offer. I usually look at them once a day because I dream of the day where I can be able to comfortably buy one whilst still working towards other personal and investment goals. The blue Type B Spirit R is really good value! It has all the reliability and mild performance mods you want in an RX-7! I do remember reading on a particular RX-7 forum that his stock twin turbo's are on their way out. Based on that as something to work with, I do think his price is on the higher side as you'd want to get that issued addressed. Mind you could be a great opportunity to remind him of the issue, coming in with a competitive offer, and upgrade the turbo's or even go single. Personally I rather keep it to a sequential setup as I prefer a linear delivery of power.

As for reference, what seemed to be a really clean example of a stock RZ RX-7 was last advertised for $28,000. All it had were reliability mods which included alloy radiator, aftermarket AST (air separator tank), and a tune through PowerFC was going to be an amazing buy. I was waiting for one last price drop before I could see justification in a premature purchase of my dream car.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

One more thing, that Titanium Grey Spirit R in Sydney is a dodgey example. I think at Japan Auctions it was graded as a 4B example, typical hair cut on the kilometres, but I think it sold from the dealership for the $30-$35k mark, as which the current owner is looking to move it on with the intention of a nice profit!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Ibby I just had a look on carsales at the RX-7's on offer. I usually look at them once a day because I dream of the day where I can be able to comfortably buy one whilst still working towards other personal and investment goals. The blue Type B Spirit R is really good value! It has all the reliability and mild performance mods you want in an RX-7! I do remember reading on a particular RX-7 forum that his stock twin turbo's are on their way out. Based on that as something to work with, I do think his price is on the higher side as you'd want to get that issued addressed. Mind you could be a great opportunity to remind him of the issue, coming in with a competitive offer, and upgrade the turbo's or even go single. Personally I rather keep it to a sequential setup as I prefer a linear delivery of power.

As for reference, what seemed to be a really clean example of a stock RZ RX-7 was last advertised for $28,000. All it had were reliability mods which included alloy radiator, aftermarket AST (air separator tank), and a tune through PowerFC was going to be an amazing buy. I was waiting for one last price drop before I could see justification in a premature purchase of my dream car.

The blue spirit r on carsales is done about 125k on the clock so I was assuming his did the major service and should be good too go for another 80k ks, I prefer single turbo I heard the twin turbo takes a while to kick In or something like that

Comment

Depends on how it is tuned i guess. If anything the sequentials should spool up earlier... I wouldnt really judge imports on klm on thw tacho.. justify your purpose by inspection of tge car.. how the owner treats their car.. and any maibtance records too
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

I guess that's true, I think now you can get a revs check for import cars as well tells you the ks and everything... Anyways a beautiful day for a cruise to stanwell park for fishing [emoji476]or maybe bundeena beach[emoji474][emoji475]

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          Type C is the automatic version which is detuned massively. IMO the Type C is a waste of money.

I am looking to buy either a Type A Spirit R or an RZ. Which ever one I can find for good value and most importantly condition I will buy. I have to say you are wrong with your post saying the Type A are too expensive. Looking at the market ATM, It is flooded with the base model RB. There are a few RS which may have the twin oil coolers and higher engine HP, however it is missing the BBS wheels, Recaro carbon kevlar seats, and interior goodies etc, and most importantly the rarity that is a Spirit R, RZ, and even the Bathurt R Type R. Now when you look at their prices, RS are going for around the $22-$26k mark, whereas the RZ/Spirit R's either go for a fair price of around $28-$33k, or stupid prices of $45k+. People are not stupid to pay $45k prices for any RX7 unless it is an SP, and if you get it for the $28-$33k mark, it is only marginally more expensive than an RS which I am sure will provide you much higher and rewarding driving pleasure, resale value, and rarity.

Regarding Type A/B, Really the only difference is the Recaro buckets and rear storage bins versus 2+2 red (I think) leather seats. THe back seat is useless so its futile going for 2+2, and the Recaros are just WIN and IMO and perception I know its cheaper going Type B, and saving potentially $14k in your example, and getting your own bucket seats... Having said that Type B usually go for same price as Type A, so unsure why this one is seriously $14k cheaper?
                          Thanks for that Alex, haven't been looking at carsales for FD's properly ever since I bought my AP1. What I noticed at the time when looking the spirit R's of any variant was a lot more $$$ (35k+) and couldn't justify the price difference myself. I agree if you can get RZ/spirit R then it'd be awesome for resale, etc.

Originally posted by IbbyDC2R View Post
                          The blue spirit r on carsales is done about 125k on the clock so I was assuming his did the major service and should be good too go for another 80k ks, I prefer single turbo I heard the twin turbo takes a while to kick In or something like that
                          Are you actually considering purchasing an RX-7?
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Yes, it is called a JOC, and is relatively cheap too!

You'd find those high prices Spirit R/RZ's asking $4xk+will take 2-3 times as long to sell, and eventually they get off their high horse and price drops happen. I feel like that average selling timeframe of RX-7's in general is a solid 6-9 months...
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

The twins boost instantly.

It's the single turbo FD's that are often laggy. Mainly due to the poor choice of turbo, or other hardware.

Stock (or stock FD's with just reliability mods) are the picks of the litter.
                              FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

I prefer single turbo I heard the twin turbo takes a while to kick In or something like that
                                This doesn't make sense at all. The FD RX7s came equipped out of the factory with sequential twin turbos which were designed to do the exact opposite of what you just stated. I painfully know this as I'm having issues with my sequential system at the moment. Unless you get a smaller single then you'll encounter more lag than the stock system.

If you think an RX7 can have a "major service" (not sure what this even is) and is good to go for another 80,000kms then you really need to start doing your research LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X