High km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High km

Hey guys, about to get dc5r with high km on it, anything need to beware of?i have a CL9 with close to 200,000km on it and still go strong,but I know is K24, not K20.

Where to start? If it's been looked after... there's no reason it can't go another 200,000km.
    Does it feel healthy? How's the compression? Has it been regularly serviced? Is your TCT noisy? How's the oil condition at changes?

If you're concerned about it's health, do a leakdown and a compression test. Listen for any abnormal noises while it runs. That should give you an idea as to it's condition.

As for the car, how's the condition inside the car. Has it been looked after or does it look like shit? That'll tell you the attitude of the seller, although it's not always the best indicator. Has the car been in accidents? Look into it.

How are the suspension bushings? Has the fuel filter been changed? Take a look at the condition of the spark plugs. Is it stock? Or has it been tuned? Who tuned it?

Go get someone to inspect it, especially if you have no idea. Best money you'll ever spend if it turns out to be an abused pile of crap.

I can upload inspection sheets from when I bought mine to give you a list of stuff they check if you need.

Search Google instead of filling up the forum with this stuff and wasting bandwidth. It's been covered a hundred thousand times, research.
    Last edited by DaRKNT; 13-05-14, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X