Carbon Fibre Bonnet Defect??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fibre Bonnet Defect??

Just wondering if anyone with carbon fibre bonnets have gotten into a mess since its.......illegal?
    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
    Just wondering if anyone with carbon fibre bonnets have gotten into a mess
    you mean before or after they have a head-on and end up with shards of carbon through their windscreen?
    ... retired/

Comment

gah..turn off....change my mind

can delete this thread =)
      AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

sorry, i was just being a bit extreme,

but yeah, biggest issue with CF bonnet is what happens in a crash,

steel bonnet is designed to bend at a specific crumple point, so is safer...
        ... retired/

Comment

i did give rms a call and you CAN have them approved to meet registration approval/standard via getting it certified @ $450+

but then he also noted that cops can still defect you even tho you have the cert.
          then i asked the guy back, its approved and meets the standards, how could he still defect.
          and his answer was, because they can and they can defect whatever they want they have their own law?....wtf???

Comment

Working...
          X