Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swaping out my Custom exhaust

Hey guys!

Currently looking at swapping out my current custom 3inch exhaust on my dc5R which was done by the previous owner. The reason for this is that its very droony, loud and it hangs far to low. I recently had it up on the hoist and the mid pipe has taked quite a beating!

Current engine mods:

InJen Intake
    Toda Headers
    3in custom exhaust
    K-Pro Ecu and tune
    TEIN HA coilovers
    Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch
    Lightend Flywheel
    EP3 Sway Bar
    Hard Race Engine Mounts

So with the current setup i defintely want to stay in the 3inch range but i dont want another custom exhaust.

I recently saw that K-Tuned have a 3inch oval exhaust. Link: http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=924

Can anyone please give me a review or any feedback for this system? i couldnt seem to find much searching as it is fairly new. Also it sounds great as the oval design solves the ground clearance problem and maximizes exhaust flow. And cant complain on price.

Also can this bolt up to the existing TODA headers?

Otherwise does anyone else have any recommendations?

In addition, if i was to fit this exhaust, would i need to get a retune on the K-pro??

Appreciate any help!
    Last edited by Pizzay; 08-05-14, 02:39 PM.

Hi Pizzay,

I have relocated your thread to the General Automotive Section. After reviewing your thread it is better suited there. In the future, if you post within the technical section, please use the below template listed within the Technical Rules section.

Kind regards,

Norm

Thread Template:

Title: The thread title must be descriptive and contain terms relevant to the query or issue. This makes it easy to identify the purpose of a thread at a glance and also serves to make threads much more easy to find in the future using the search function. "Help" and "Question" and variations thereof are not acceptable.

Body: The post body must include the following information:
    •Car: If the thread is not car specific then this may be omitted. A good example of a generic thread is "Why are roll centre adjusters unnecessary?" or "Are spherical bearings in suspension parts useable on the street?"
    •Any relevant modifications: If the thread topic applies to many models or is not car type specific this may be ommitted.
    •Question or problem: Be as descriptive as possible. For example, if it is a weird noise your car is making then take a video; or if it is a broken part or similar then take a picture. Diagnosis via the Internet is difficult. Adding in pictures and video really help.

Note: If your question is simple and just needs a factual response that could be answered in the first page of Google results then consider taking that route instead. An example of a question like this is, "What is the capacity of a B18C?" If the question is more opinion based then consider posting it in General Automotive Forum.

Comment

Cheers Norm! Apologies for the confusion!

Comment

Working...
      X