Looking into importing EP3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into importing EP3R

Hey guys, just looking into importing an ep3r, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on what to look out for, that would be great.

Also if people can tell me any common problems with ep3r.

much appreciated

There are so many for sale in aus. Much simpler to buy locally where you can pay a mechanic to do a once over on it to check for problems. Wont have to pay import taxes either.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

There are plenty of 2002-2003 EP3s around in white.. They look hot in the later series in black/silver/red... Look for one of them!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Find a low kms series 1 here in Aus that has some goodies and mugen parts and youre on a winner!
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

Things to look out for:

1. Engine Mounts (because of its age)
          2. Clutch (because of its age)
          3. Service history
          4. Second gear crunch
          5. Door window seals
          6. Oxidised headlights
          7. Rust from Japan (normally not a big issue compared to Evos)
          8. Aircon needs to be regas (because of its age)

If there is anymore issues i can remember, i will add them onto this list.
          Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

You save a heap of money if you import, plus aus dealers are known to wind back kms's and am worried that private sellers have thrashed them. I am looking for a different color, such as silver or red to be a bit more unique.

thanks for the tips if you come up with any more please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Whats the main concern with thrashed cars? Not like you're not going go thrash it yourself anyway.
              Unless by thrashed, you mean well maintained?

Comment

Because they don't thrash them in Japan?

I'd prefer to buy a EP3R I can look at and inspect in Australia, then importing one.

Also, are you saying they are cheaper because that's what you've seen on "Import Monster", or because you've actually sat down and spoken to an importer?

Comment

More or less on agreement with most here, the price of an EP3 has dropped significantly with the amount in the market you're probably going to find a good one here.

When they first started being imported to Aus it was quite a bit cheaper to import them but less so now.

If you want a really specific one (like silver or red which is slightly rarer) go for it but otherwise it's easier to just buy local. Especially as you'll need to get it complied and such.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most ep3s were thrashed or tracked when it was Japan. Not being to physically inspect it could be bad because auction papers can only say so much. Further, the amount of cars that goes the the auction lot, do you think an inspector has a lot of time on his hands to thoroughly look at the car?

What you can do is ask some dealerships to see if they have any red or silver ones coming across.
                    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Buy a local one you can look at and inspect. No hidden surprises. Buy mine
                      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                      F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                        Buy a local one you can look at and inspect. No hidden surprises. Buy mine
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hkmQKx9p4

Comment

My EP3 when I had one was definitely tracked in Japan. When I removed my rear seats the racing harness eybolts were still installed, haha.
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Does anyone know if Edward Lee's is any good? are they reasonably trustworthy?

Comment

Originally posted by nic11 View Post
                              Does anyone know if Edward Lee's is any good? are they reasonably trustworthy?

LoL... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAg7pjip5k Only a face a mother could love.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinfox
                              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X