Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R front bumper

Hey everyone,

My '04 dc5r front bumper is showing the signs of being too goddamn low and I figure it's about time to do something about it. Paint damage and some broken tabs... it's not pretty.

My question is what would be recommended - repair and respray or replace?

If repair/respray - just any body shop or can only certain shops deal with these plastics?

If replace - I'd prefer the stock bumper but it doesn't seem like genuine ones can be bought anymore and the wreckers I've asked don't have any intact (since the wreck is usually due to front end damage.) Will I need to go aftermarket?

Budget isn't unlimited.. i.e. I don't want to pay $1000 to ship a front bumper from Japan.

Thank you!

Have you actually been into a Honda dealership and asked if they can get you one?
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Ah silly me hadn't thought of that, will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

Check gum tree

Comment

i had the same issue =)
          i went to Basha Autohaus at west ryde and Greg fixed mine up pretty good, its very secure the bumper fitting is stiff doesn't even move, mine used to be loose and droopy.. paid $400 for respray for front bumper in PW

but i guess if you keep at scrapable height, its going to happen to every bumper..
          AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Working...
          X