X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import your car?

Hey guys,

(Obviously new to the forums)

I was looking around for a DC2R and I can't justify spending 13-19K on it. However I was looking at a Jap import website, DC2Rs with low KMs going for as low as 5.5-7.5 with 1.5K shipping. I was wondering if a) anyone has bought their car from one of these sites or b) anyone heard anything bad about them

Thanks
    Last edited by jayfkn; 23-03-14, 09:30 AM.

Unfortunately you can't import those cars. Due to the import restrictions we have here the only way to get such a car into the country is as a race/rally import (a vehicle you can never register for road use) or as a personal import (you must own the car overseas for more than 12 months). Take a look here for more information: LINK

EDIT: Welcome BTW.

Comment

Oh okay I see I see, thanks for that!

Thanks man! For some reason I can't see the Classifieds section of the forums, is there any reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by jayfkn View Post
        Oh okay I see I see, thanks for that!

Thanks man! For some reason I can't see the Classifieds section of the forums, is there any reason for that?
        You need to be here for a certain amount of time/ make a certain number of posts to get access to the classifieds section. Stops people signing up just to sell their stuff.

Comment

If you could import and comply jdm dc2r's. Australia would be flooded with them. à la ep3r haha

Comment

I'd love to import a 4 door DC2R - as a unique design that we didn't get in Australia it'd be awesome.
            1988 CRX
            1999 Integra Type R
            2020 Civic Type R

Comment

I just thought importing would be easier because personally I can't believe DC2Rs are going for 15K and up...

Comment

Wait until next year. Prices for Hondas might drop as new P-Plater laws are coming in.

Comment

Are you able to import eunos roadsters? 1.8model?

Comment

Originally posted by tuannn View Post
                    Wait until next year. Prices for Hondas might drop as new P-Plater laws are coming in.
                    How sure are you that the new p plater laws will come into effect that soon? Or even if they will come into effect at all?

You are right though, if they go through with the new power to weight rule, performance Honda's should decrease in value. Lets just hope that they hurry up with this change in laws.

Comment

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
                      How sure are you that the new p plater laws will come into effect that soon? Or even if they will come into effect at all?

You are right though, if they go through with the new power to weight rule, performance Honda's should decrease in value. Lets just hope that they hurry up with this change in laws.
                      From what I've read, Sydney will be the first to change their P-Plater laws, enforcing them in 2015.
                      Here's the source.
                      http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...807-2rg9o.html

Comment

Working...
                      X