DC2R cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R cams

Have been recently researching alot lately and have decided to buy cams for my dc2 type r. I spoke to Jdmyard today and they reccomended buddyclub spec 4 cams, which are basically stage 2 tuner series cams. However, i'd like to get opinions on which cams are best for my b18c7.

Following mods atm:
    PLM toda rep headers
    Full 2.5" exhaust xforce tip
    70mm skunk2 alpha throttle body
    Port and matched itr manifold
    Walboro fuel pump

Mods i want:
    Cams
    Fuel reg
    Fuel rail
    Hasport mounts
    Hondata and tune

What should i do guys?
    Guide me!!!

Paging tinkerbell to the white courtesy phone.

Comment

It'll really depend on what you want the car to do. Is it mainly street? Track duties? E85? Boost/NA?

I've got the spec 4 in mine, but mine's forged and boosted. You'll lose a little in the mid range but gain up top with the duration and lift of those cams.

Comment

I would recommend a Toda C intake and Toda B exhaust cam. Good way to keep midrange power as peak numbers are only for bragging rights.

I am currently building a C2 with this cam combo, along with ITR pistons & oil pump, Skunk2 intake manifold & 70mm tb, Toda replica headers
        Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
        Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
        Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by ITR350 View Post
          Have been recently researching alot lately and have decided to buy cams for my dc2 type r. I spoke to Jdmyard today and they reccomended buddyclub spec 4 cams, which are basically stage 2 tuner series cams. However, i'd like to get opinions on which cams are best for my b18c7.

Following mods atm:
          PLM toda rep headers
          Full 2.5" exhaust xforce tip
          70mm skunk2 alpha throttle body
          Port and matched itr manifold
          Walboro fuel pump

Mods i want:
          Cams
          Fuel reg
          Fuel rail
          Hasport mounts
          Hondata and tune

What should i do guys?
          Guide me!!!
          Mods i want:
          Cams - BC Spec 3+ is fine with stock valve springs to 8600rpm - get Toda Bs with springs and retainer upgrade, i think teh BC 4's need spring upgrade? check with JDMYard
          Fuel reg - not required
          Fuel rail - not required (this is bling only)
          Hasport mounts - get the 62A ones
          Hondata and tune - get S300 must be tuned on dyno for 5 or so hours
          Adjustable cam gears - must be tuned on dyno for full benefits
          65mm throttle body - 70mm too large
          ... retired/

Comment

Correct, with spec 3+ you'll will need to upgrade the valvetrain to support

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
              Correct, with spec 3+ you'll will need to upgrade the valvetrain to support
              is it Spec 3+ needs new valve train, or is it Spec 4 that needs it?

pretty sure 3+ are fine (had 3+ on my B20VTEC running to 8600rpm with ITR valvesprings & retainers)

specs here: http://buddyclubuk.com/acatalog/Budd...r_B16_b18.html

NB - max lift numbers.
              ... retired/

Comment

Sorry my mistake.

People have run Spec3+ with stock valve train with no issues, but i'm just thinking reliability may be a issue in the long term. Personally, i'd just have peace of mind if you're going to do something like this and upgrade the valvetrain but that's just me.

Comment

true, with the venerable B18CR reaching geriatric proportions, i'd probably consider a valve spring and retainer swap too... but is not strickly 'required' for the 3+ cams...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    true, with the venerable B18CR reaching geriatric proportions, i'd probably consider a valve spring and retainer swap too... but is not strickly 'required' for the 3+ cams...

Comment

Ive spoken to Yonas at Jdmyard and they reccomend upgrades springs and retainers for both of the spec 3 and 4's. Tinkerbell you seem to know your stuff, why would you say that the 70mm itb is too big? all im looking for is some good power, roughly around 140kw. But i want the car to be reliable as it is used daily.

Comment

Working...
                      X