Toyo Proxes RR - New cheater DOT tyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyo Proxes RR - New cheater DOT tyre

Toyo are entering the cheater DOT tyre market with the new Proxes RR, going up against the Hoosier R6, Hankook Z214 et al. It looks to be very reasonably priced, in between the Hankook and the Hoosier, and comes in sizes friendly to both old and new Hondas. More info on pricing on Tire Rack: LINK and some more information on the Toyo site: LINK. Looks like it could be a good option for those looking for a reasonably priced track day tyre.

Originally posted by Toyo Tyres
    This DOT competition tire* is designed for dry tracks. With consistent lap times and predictable handling, it is ideal for NASA road racing, track days, and high-performance driving schools. The symmetric two-groove tread design and special tread compound provide a maximum contact patch and ultimate dry traction with superior cornering force.

The Proxes RR comes off the shelf in race-ready condition with a 4/32"-deep tread – no shaving required.

*Warning: For racing purposes only. Not for highway use.

Sizes:

Knowing Toyo's flagship I'm going in with a guess that the compound and sidewalls are going to be relatively soft. Will be interesting to see how they perform after their first heat cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Knowing Toyo's flagship I'm going in with a guess that the compound and sidewalls are going to be relatively soft. Will be interesting to see how they perform after their first heat cycle.
      What would you consider Toyo's flagship? Compound is definitely soft, with a UTQG treadwear of 40, the same as the Hoosier. I wouldn't be surprised if the tyre has a stiffer sidewall than the Hoosier though.

Comment

Having experienced the Toyo R888s on a mate's car and also Toyo R1Rs & T1Rs personnally, I felt the sidewalls were much softer incomparison with other brands in their respective categories. Probably its abit incorrect for me to put this tyre in the same category but that was the "flagship" I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          Having experienced the Toyo R888s on a mate's car and also Toyo R1Rs & T1Rs personnally, I felt the sidewalls were much softer incomparison with other brands in their respective categories. Probably its abit incorrect for me to put this tyre in the same category but that was the "flagship" I was referring to.
          Ah right, I was just curious because people have different ideas of what a flagship tyre is. We of course would put the R1R and R888 as the flagship Toyo street and track tyres respectively, but sometimes manufacturers have other ideas and they'll push a sport/luxury tyre as their *flagship* model.

This tyre should be much much faster than the R888 anyway. Hopefully someone tries them and reports back.

Comment

If they had a wider range in 16's i would be purchasing some now but I will have to wait for the new rim set up first.

Very good to see Toyo stepping it up again
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Working...
            X