DC5 Do-Luck Air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Do-Luck Air filter

Has anyone here had experience with the do-luck air filter? Rave reviews about them from uk users (one gaining 3.6hp on the dyno from just installing the filter).
    I've been trying to source one but the only place I've been able to find that sells them quoted $160 for shipping alone. Relative links below.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.p...bhp-confirmed/
    http://www.sumopower.com/product/do-...lter-dl-px1738
    Last edited by Nathannnnn; 22-01-14, 11:23 PM.

Personally, I wouldn't bother if it's a drop in filter unless you NEED to keep the OEM airbox.
    The claimed 3.6hp is just hype, in my eyes at least. You can get that much variations between runs.

On top of that, if you look at the "Air Filter Shootout" (google it), you'll see that although foam based filters flow well, they filter poorly (this is looking at only the provided data... there may be exceptions)

I would personally run an enclosed short ram with a cold air feed. Ideally self fabricated once I get myself some welding apparatus .

Otherwise a GruppeM, J's or ARC box is adequate. If you're not worried about heatsoak or hydrolock, just a short ram or cold air intake will suffice. Always use a good air filter element/pod, no matter the style of intake.

Good luck guy.

Comment

I agree with everything the guy above says, except the ARC airbox isn't that great a design. 3.6hp is within the typical measurement variance of your average dyno. You'd be much better off saving your money and putting toward a proper intake unless for some reason you have to retain the OEM airbox (eg. racing class rules etc.) as DaRKNT says.

Comment

Thanks for the help! As always the main reason for looking into the air filters is budget. That and being a p plater. I'm going to stick to a hondata modded air box for now

Comment

Working...
        X